Playing The Walking Dead S2 on Linux (with Wine-staging)

From: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/18202-the-big-gnulinux-gamer-survey/?p=388245/URL](The little arrow in the quote box works too, but I doubt anyone used or even noticed it)

To make my point clearer: Wine is not really Linux gaming for me. It's Windows gaming through other means - just like keeping a Windows partition to boot (while WIne is not as effective as that).
;)

Anway. Interesting, that you are so surprised of wine working such well. Thought it is common knowledge, that wine runs many games very well since ages. Wine did way more for Linux gaming than steam did. Especially since some "native" linux ports static link with wine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anway. Interesting, that you are so surprised of wine working such well.
Let's say it this way: not surprised that it works well in general, but especially performance wise I was quite surprised that it would run THAT well on my laptop with no dedicated GPU.

WINE is a little bit hit and miss though. Some games work perfectly, some don't even start up - the problem is that you can't "rely" on WINE so much. I have seen countless examples of games I tried to run through WINE (even older ones) and they just did not work at all or had severe glitches. 

Especially since some "native" linux ports static link with wine... 
I think it's OK to do that - if you make sure WINE can handle things well, I don't really care how it works under the hood :)  

Back