planning on getting involved

thewinterdragon

Still Fresh
I'm in the middle of watching Revolution OS and I've finally decided to get a Pandora for the second time. But this time because I specifically want a Linux and open source micro computer. I was throwing around the idea of getting a tablet because I wanted a movie player I could take to bed and a notepad I could take travelling, I had basically given up on a portable emulator for my favourite games.

In March of 2011 I graduated with a degree in screenwriting.

In 2012 I was awarded a mentorship (from the New Zealand Society of Authors) for my first novel which will be finished in March of 2013.

My main gig is writing novels and plays.

I'm interested in game development - I want to build an open source MMO.

At this stage I'm focusing on my writing and on getting a pandora so I can play emulation and take a nice word processor/media player on my adventures.

I'd love to meet people and throw around ideas for future developments in open source software.

I'm not a programmer I intend on using my writing skills, and both income and exposure from my getting published to advance in my development journey.

I also really want to chat to people who are interested in a similar journey, to consider joining forces.

Got a link to the novel or a sample.im curious.i do some writing myself and even tried to write a novel which i hope to finish in the distant future. Im working on a game with a team now.i have some prose in the game to tell the story.the pandora is a good creative platform and the community has some talented people

Wow.  I, too, am working on a novel.

But it has been a while since I did anything with it.

The way I write is...I have certain things that I want to have happen...but I have no idea how I am going from point a to point b etc.

My characters just decide how they are gonna get there.  And my characters haven't wanted to do anything in ages...classic writer's block...

Mine is about a person wrongly accused of a crime.  But the scene makes the protagonist look guilty.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Perhaps your protagonist is guilty on a level he is incapable of perceiving. Perhaps he needs to destroy himself and be reborn with new eyes and a new heart.

Please don't mind me.

I Am in-sane after All.

I wrote three feature film screenplays (2008-2011) before I decided to return to novel writing, and am adapting those screenplays to novel format. Some of the screenplays started life as short stories.

I have a few of these short stories on fictionpress.com

That was back in 2003. The stories are much more complex and well written now.

The play I'm writing is inspired by a student short movie that I made in high school, which can be found on youtube, here.

That's the most recent stuff that I have published, there's also my poetry on the fictionpress page, some of which has been published.

Kumaki, I too sometimes have trouble getting from point a to point b.

It's really a difficult thing to try and help each other because everybody is unique so we each have to find our own solutions.

I have developed a number of techniques for dealing with road blocks, such as character development - asking questions of my character about every aspect of his life, how he earns money, kisses, goes to the toilet, eats, drinks, has sex, sleeps, what he does for fun, etc.

Then there is emotional plot, how does my character feel? Have I ever felt like that? What was going on when I did? Then I write about that experience and how it made me feel. Even if none of this goes in the novel, it can really help draw out the 'fear and desire' for the character. If I've never felt like that, what's the closest to that feeling that I have felt. Why is he feeling that way. And the list goes on, there are really an amazing amount of cures for writer's block, but the best one is reading. It stimulates the imagination.

p.s. If you would like, I can send you a sample chapter from my novel for you to read. Maybe inbox me your email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back