Planeshift. Is it possible?

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
A couple of years ago before we got our hands on the Pandora there was a topic about porting Planeshift to the Pandora on GP32x here

Don't expect a WoW like experience. This is after all a hobby project for the developers but it does look like it could be fun.

They are getting some help from students via the google summer of code.

Here's a link to the Planshift Homepage

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BorXqW58wKY?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the system requirements, can the graphics be scaled down?

Depends on the system requirements, can the graphics be scaled down?

Not sure myself as my code skills are limited to Blitz BAsic ;) but a quote from the GP32x tread says "The not so great thing about that is that the models aren't necessarily "open." I'm sure it is very do able. Especially the textures. It even has a built in texture downsampling in the setup for the game client."

So there does look to be hope.

Planeshfit 0.5 caused major issues even for people who has 256 Mb graphics cards... I don't know about the current version, but it is VERY beefy... and I imagine you would get 2-3fps on the Pandora.

also the code is open source, the graphics aren't. So you can't really distribute the entire PND without permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Planeshfit 0.5 caused major issues even for people who has 256 Mb graphics cards... I don't know about the current version, but it is VERY beefy... and I imagine you would get 2-3fps on the Pandora.

also the code is open source, the graphics aren't. So you can't really distribute the entire PND without permission.

Mmmm strange. It runs fine on my 6 yo laptop with a naff 128MB ATI x1200 chipset. Mind you the rest of it is ok, 2GHz dual core with 3GB ram.

Back