Pituka 8e: Special Edition

great stuff, thanks a lot! I've been looking forward to having a CPC emulator for ages now, and pituka is really impressive.

Very nice - Good list of Todos too. V Keyboard seems fine to me. One additional todo .... Chatboard support.... pretty please - would make Elite playable! <biggrin>

This new update is great - the dsk selection menu is now lists the files alpahabetically and you can speed the scrolling by pressing left and right.

Cant wait for Reesys Z80 core and Zip support!

In my opinion, zip support isn't particularly important because the disk sizes are so small anyway. This emulator is great, and chatboard support will make it even better. Thanks D_Skywalk.

but zip support is still good!

I wonder if you could alter the virtual keyboard so that holding a direction will make the cursor move across the keys, at the moment you have to keep clicking in the direction to move across the keyboard and is a little annoying

thanks!

I release a special version of PituKa to celabrate the 16days 2nd award :)

This release brings new features like save suport and some improvements on emulation code :D

U can download this new version from my website:

http://gp32.dantoine.org/index_en.php

Next step to use Reesy Z80 Core :D

Cu! Very thanks to scene and the pp that loves GP32 like me :lol:

I just waaant to saaay i love youuu! :lol:

Ok may be i'm doing a little bit too much but your emu is GREAT! B)

CPC 6128 was my first Computer and my second game machine (first atari 2600)

And i just want to thank you for your work and the joy your emu gift to me.

Moreover I want to thanx all people who are making the GP32 scene so active, i

don't know all their names so : :eek: THANK YOU ALL :eek:

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to be great. I'm working away at the moment so i cant try it out so a few questions...

So as well as DSK files you can also load SNA 's ? Because i'm a non-Amstrad person could someone explain the difference ? When i was downloading games i seemed to see some other file format for Amstrad games as well.

Also is it easier to load games without trying to type load "gamename" etc ?

The emulators great

Regards

but zip support is still good!

I wonder if you could alter the virtual keyboard so that holding a direction will make the cursor move across the keys, at the moment you have to keep clicking in the direction to move across the keyboard and is a little annoying

thanks!

I concur cobba. Plus subdirectory support would be nice as the dir has a limit of 260 files.

psj3809: you can load SNA files but i think with pituka you can only select the SNA if the DSK is selected. Theyre usually 128k in size so long term is Zip support is achieved its better to stick to DSK files. The other format you may have seen are CDT files which are CPC tape files.

you have to write
run"antiriad
but you dont have to write the file extensions (BAS, BIN etc etc) at the end

The CPC could autoload tapes via a combination of keys but not disks unless they use cpm which requires the |CPM command

So i just put run"antiriad , i dont have to worry about the end quote etc ?

Cheers for that , i'll give it a go when i'm back home

Frolik says:

I try brings the best emulation in all pad modes, when u open the vkeyboard the emulation still perfectly (o somethings more fast indeed). This its great but need forget some adventages like: key repeating, etc...

I need all resources in emulation code, atm... keyrepeating need more variables and more calls to timers, and this its some slowly :(

You try used vkeyboard in anothers emu that dont be using all the screen, and u will see that emulation falls.

Cu PP :ph34r:

So as well as DSK files you can also load SNA 's ? Because i'm a non-Amstrad person could someone explain the difference

as far as i know the .SNA files are snapshot files... kinda like a savestate... these files will work perfectly for non-multiload games (because it's as if you're putting the whole memory in place without virtual loading... but if it's a multiload game it'll fail as soon as something else needs loading (because you don't have the virtual tape/disc installed...)

what's this emulator like? i've been hoping for a CPC emulator for AGES, but the whole loading hassle thing is kinda putting me off this one... anyone tried batman or renegade?

respect to D_Skywalk...

Its really good! Its practically full speed with sound and has excellent compatibility.

Respect indeed to D_Skywalk :D

i'm having trouble getting on site d_skywalk

edit: wow i am so bad at this
i can't get game to run where the the " on the virtual keyboard??

Back