Pocket projectors: PIQO and Philips PicoPix Max

OH, MAN !!

Now yes we have a REAL DRAMA !! :confused:

Their domain became unreachable, and even emails to the support aren't able to find the destination address.

Did they finally started running with the money ?

Yep, server is down. Might just be a new credit card and their payments to their hosters has gone down, and nobody's watching the emails that have come from them. Or like you say they might have deliberately cut and run.

Hmm, that does smell like the person that was running the domain system for the old site decided to have nothing to do with the piqo team. It's not a good sign going forward, but I assume you backers have given up on this thing ever getting any better than it is now, and are just awaiting delivery, which still seems to be working at least.

Well, in the mean time I backed also the Philips one xD and is becoming more and more powerful than the advertised specifications.
They tell that the shipping will start this month, but I don't have any illusion it will really happen, anyway they sure have a more trusted appearance, and their answers to the baker makes clear that they really know what they are developing... also some of the modification on the projector were suggested directly in the comment section, and they are really open about this kind of things (given all the success of the campaign).

The size of the PIQO is unbeatable anyway, and I hope to receive it one day, but even if it happens, I will receive the Pyra way far before it... they are already a lot of months late than the advertised shipping dates on the previous batches, and my batch of shipping is still not even started.

A user asked to the support about the already known 1080p issue, and received and interesting answer:

Thanks for reaching out.
The resolution issue may be resolved in the next version of PIQO. Maybe released in probably in early 2020.
We can arrange the shipment of your order now but if you would like the updated version, please let us know.
We’ll be waiting for your response.

The PIQO team posted an official update telling that they are still delivering slowly, so for now they didn't run with the money.

In the mean time seems like that the Philips projector is really near to start deliveries... and considering the speed they are doing things, I'm almost believing I will receive it before christmas, even if they say I shouldn't :cool:

Thanks to some users, finally we have some light about all the troubles in delivering...

A lot of people were complaining about "pending" delivery tracking numbers, just to find out that the device was just sent back to the sender without apparent reason.
More had a lot of difficult to get it from the customs, and had to fill in a lot o papers or give additional money to them to retrieve it.
For some countries the customs didn't event want to give the package to the buyer, and told to speak with the developer first, but the PIQO team was always answering with a "we can do nothing... talk to the customs"...

NOW, at least some reasons are explained, and are VERY interesting.

For example, German customs complained about these:
1) No confirmation certificate for Bluetooth.
2) The manual was not in German.
3) The power supply is not allowed in Germany.

And seems also that even a CE certificate is missing.

So, the PIQO team, just sent it worldwide without even get information about the country basic legal requirements for devices, or even just import rules...

Last edited:
Blimey, I've imported various bits and pieces from outside the EU here, and I've never had any indication they've even opened any boxes. They do want lots of extra monies when the VAT hasn't been paid though.

They are still delivering the PIQO, still slowly, and in the mean time I've seen many reviews, but most of them doesn't deserve to be even linked...

there is people who says that it suck because it has ADs before YouTube videos... or tells that the remote (that is IR) doesn't work, while them are pointing it at the wall !!
I have no words...

Some people instead are happy with it, considering the form factor.
For the rest nothing new, the limits are the ones already known.

I'm missing some drama... them help during the wait.

Finally some DRAMA is happening !! :p
With the Philips projector anyway.

They keep moving the delivery date, and despite all their pictures/videos showing software and hardware improvements, people are shouting for scam and refund.
The first promised delivery date was October 2019 if I remember well, then they sent a few projectors to test the delivery process in December 2019, and those were received and somehow reviewed with good impressions, but at least one seems died after few hours, no more info about that case.
The new delivery date is February 2020.

PIQO is actively selling the product from their site, giving priority to it and leaving backers behind, for some months by now |-)
At least they are still alive, so there is hope that at some point I'll receive something. (I have no will to write or fill documents and stuff to find justice... so I'll just keep waiting :cool:)

The cool stuff is that the site STILL contains the 1080p and 200 ANSI lumen advertising, even if those false myths were already destroyed months ago...

Philips were delayed by the virus, so now they are giving updates on the production in a forum post called "POST-VIRUS PRODUCTION" xD
There is a LOT of people calling for scam and conspiracy, and also for bad communication.. but the last one was never an issue for my point of view, they are actively answering a lot of posts and giving constant updates for firmware and production... it is really difficult to find inconsistency in what they answer.

For the PIQO, instead, nothing as always... for sure they were virused too, but random people seems to keep receiving their devices, mostly without even getting a tracking number, and most of the ones that received a tracking number, never got the device... seems like a total chaotic distribution.

I mailed PIQO team, just out of curiosity, and, despite all the "they don't answer" I see on the comments, they actually answered in a day.
They are still delivering the first batch.

PIQO posted an update telling that they are sending the last remaining projectors, and some backers confirmed to have received theirs after a year. (Their order numbers are really near mine :eek:)

Philips posted an update telling that they are sending the last remaining projectors... and added my order number in their next shipment list :eek:

There is a high probability that both projectors will reach my home at the same time :confused:

Back