Pipes Won't Run - Anyone Have It Working?

classicgmr

Website
Visit site
I am trying to get Pipes 2.0 running on my GP2X but I am having no luck. This is the first homebrew that I haven't been able to load at all.

I placed the archive in the mnt/sd/games/pipes/ directory and set GMenu2X to run it. It wouldn't run. I then tried it outside of GMenu2X. No good. I tried it on a blank memory card in mnt/sd/pipes/ and it won't run. It tells me it is loading... the screen goes blank like it IS going to start... and then spits me right back out to where I was.

There's no readme in the archive - it doesn't exist. I therefore assume there's no set directory for installation(though I have tried variations). I also have version 2.1 - which I downloaded a long time ago from his site before he took it down - and the graphic packs Thinpipes, Streetskin, Saehn and a pack with red/green pipes that go with the game.

I have had zilch, zip, nada luck with it and this is a game I KNOW I want. :)

Has ANYONE gotten it to run? Does it require a library file or something?

I am running 2.0.0 on an MK2. I have never installed any SDL library files or any of those other addons on the GP2X. Never had to. Everything runs fine except for this one! Much help-age needed! :)

Edit - I schpel gewd...

Pipes was written in Java, and thus requires the Java runtime to be installed on your SD:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,14,1841

After its installation you should have two new folders on the root of your SD: jamvm and jamvm-cp.

Put the Pipes folder in jamvm, and then just run jamvm/Pipes/Pipes.gpe

This same installation works for all Java GP2X games, try Laser2x :)

Alex. said:
Pipes was written in Java, and thus requires the Java runtime to be installed on your SD:
That was exactly what I needed! Thanks Alex. Can I assume that if there's a *.jar file involved in the archive it will probably be a Java game if it doesn't launch properly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can.

I have another question related to Pipes and Java. On my F-200 Pipes and other Java applications are not running (Problems with the new sound hardware I guess).
Can somebody confirm this and is there perhaps a known workaround?

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
I have another question related to Pipes and Java. On my F-200 Pipes and other Java applications are not running (Problems with the new sound hardware I guess).
Can somebody confirm this and is there perhaps a known workaround?
Same result. :(

It's most likely the sound frequency problem.

Can anyone fix or find a workaround for these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back