Pipes Homepage Goes Online

Nagelfar

title.png

screenshot2.png

Finally I managed to complete the homepage of Pipes for the GP2x!
Not only can you learn about Pipes and how to get it, check out some screenshots, download a lot of skins, submit your Highscores or just check how other people are doing.

I want to say Thanks! to all the people who contributed in one way or another!

http://www.nagelfar.com/pipes

GunPei2X posted on Mar 10 2007 at 09:45 PM said:
What's the Paypal address for Beerware donation? :)
It's much99ATyahooDOTcom :)

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat posted on Mar 12 2007 at 06:02 AM said:
pipes still not working!! :(
launches from ./jamvm/pipes/pipes.sh.gpe
Oh come on people, it is not that complicated? Why is it so hard to just take a freaking .zip file and uncompress it to your SD Card, all paths and skripts are already set in there, just uncompress?
The game has to be in a directory called Pipes, not pipes. If you want to put it in pipes you have to change the launchskript...

purple_goat posted on Mar 12 2007 at 08:09 PM said:
okay EXACT directory (on linux)
system:/media/sda1/jamvm/Pipes/Pipes.sh.gpe
OK, I know nothing about Linux, is sda1 your SD Card? If so, which Version did you install, perhaps post a Screenshot of the directory?

Having the game expect a directory with a capitilized pathname can be problematic on GP2X FAT32. I can only get it to recognize filenames/directories by their all lower-case name on FAT32 partitions.

Do you really have the complete "jamvm-cp" folder besides the "jamvm" folder on SD root?

Try to copy the whole java-stuff again and both folders only in /sd. Then everything should work.

purple_goat posted on Mar 14 2007 at 07:31 PM said:
strange because I've never had a problem like this before..
Are you on ICQ? If so contact me at 15794959

Purple, extract it directly to the jamvm folder, i was having the same problem tell i did that (dont like extract it to the desktop than drag it over) also, great game! (damn, i rly need money!) :D

no not great, excellent!! i just spent 9 min playing it, and its quite challenging and addictive! thanks alot!

So, as the newest Pipes Version reaches completion I'd like to pose an offer here.
As the game stirred up enough interest for some people to really donate some money but there have been concerns about the game not being open source I offer the following:
I want a DPad for my 2x. Incl. S/H this would run for around 50 Euros. So, all the money donated to Pipes will not go towards beer (check http://666kb.com/i/amsnxgkl8wzzm30k4.jpg to see what happened to my last "shipment" :( ) but towards a DPad. As soon as I reach 50 Euros in donations I'll release the most current Version of Pipes as Open Source. If donations at any time reach 100 Euros I'll also release a Pipes Version for Cellphones.
What you people think, bad idea or fair?

Can I run this direct from the SD, or do I need something else?

Nova posted on Mar 22 2007 at 11:48 PM said:
Can I run this direct from the SD, or do I need something else?
You need the JAVA Runtime from here: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,14,1841

Extract the jamvm and the java-cp folder into the root of your SD Card and copy the directory containing Pipes into the jamvm folder, make sure to keep the right names and spelling!

Back