Peachy Printer - 3D printer/scanner - $100 CAD

I'm impressed. A resin printer for not just under 2000, but for WAY under 2000. It is obviously a much lower quality than the Form 1, but is it at least as good as cheap extruders like the RoBo?

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, as they say. I'm pretty sure it isn't against any rules.

Peoples comments that KS is orders of magnitude better in getting backers than Indiegogo seem to be correct.  

At the moment KS is getting 20 x more backing dollars - although this might be that the KS link is the one being written about in the press.

Last edited by a moderator:
A. The printed parts look terrible.

B.  It seems like you're getting very little in the kit , and it;'s going to need an incredible amount of tweaking to even get it to make something good,

C. I hope it turns out great ! :)

That cube is about a half inch, that'd put the layers around 300mm: far from great, but I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it terrible, especially for the $100 price tag. A tighter laser would probably produce a better model.

This is less than an usable product, more of an engineering miracle. What he is doing is nothing high tech, or mention worthy, but he manage to minimize the complexity of a 3d printer.  Many of the designs are just jaw dropping.

This is the future of 3d printer, in my opinion. They are going to be dirt cheap and you can pick one up from anywhere. This and products similar to 3doodler are going to forever change how ideas, concepts, knowledge materialise.

Will I be able to plot miniature transparent models of classic gaming systems - That's what I planned to make first.

Some ornaments for my telly bench - Miniature NES/SNES/MD/MS/N64 et al

This gives me a scammy feeling. Nothing concrete though, just never heard of a 'freedom software foundation', couldn't find any mention of their permission to use these logos, the blender profile also looks underwhelming, the software side sounds to simple...

Will I be able to plot miniature transparent models of classic gaming systems - That's what I planned to make first.

Some ornaments for my telly bench - Miniature NES/SNES/MD/MS/N64 et al
Those could be soooo cool! I'd buy some :D
Well if I have success in making some I'll post you a freebie - providing the material plastics aren't too expensive

Next level Kinder surprises 

edit: These ones are amazing - the PS1 and SNES especially http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/5614/article/miniature-game-consoles-for-miniature-hands/

That story, leters, admissions, videos etc is crazier than crazy.

It's bordering on unbeliebally crazy

My bullshit meter is going crazy, this sound so set up and fake

Why would you send a letter to the police as opposed to just going to them and reporting a fraud or whatever the proper term is. So much seems not right with the whole story and the videos

Something must be really wrong with some KS campaigns. So many promising projects of people full of energy, but at the end many of them just fail in different ways. I followed alot of KS campaigns and none of these were without trouble. If lucky, they were just delayed but even that seems to be ot the worst what can happen. Big campaigns failed even with millions of backers money, I remember "coolest cooler" which didn't deliver most of the coolers before the money ran out or the "worlds thinnest watch" and so on. What can go wrong seems to go wrong.
On the other side, other companies throw out products without an KS campaign and without much issues. I'm loosing more and more faith in Kickstarter and co..

Back