Pda Emulation....

Keithmcfc

Website
http
Hi all, my dad got a Ipaq and he wants to have some games to play on it.

He loves his genesis and would like to be able to play some games when he goes on bussines trips (and he dus ALOT).

It can emulate playstation (i think) so i was wundering is there was any other emulators for it liek scumm, genesis, snes etc.

and of cource he AINT takin my gp32_console lol

not a chance.

so is there any site you can point me to with some on??

thanks alot.

keith :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i just bought a ipaq from ebay, my pda is this the same one your dad has??

Oh and by the way, THANK YOU JR2SWISS, that is the site i've been looking for for PDA gaming.

Depending on how well emulation runs on this thing and how easy the games are to play with the d-pad and button lay out, i could be selling my gp32.

damn, that one is only 60 some more mhz faster than mine and mine has twice the ram, so do you think i'll be able to play GBA and SNES ok on mine?

Edit: just looked at it again, both have the same ram 64mb

It should run fine cos you are able to Overclock your pda be quite a bit as i have just seen lol

and OMG lol i found picodrive and its perfect.....(minus sound)

I hope to get the other emu working cos i think that has sound lol

how are the controls on your dads?? Does it have a pad like mine? What buttons are used and what do you do if you need more than 2 or 3 buttons to play a game?

Most emus tend to have an 'onscreen' joypad for your thumbs.. You should try pocket quake, runs quite well on my ipaq 1940... (scumm is also a lot easier with a stylus :) )

For the genesis it aint too bad, and yeah it has a D pad.

if you need more than 2 buttons they usualy have on screen buttons gos its actualy not to bad holding the stylus in between your fingers so u can use the buttoms and the stylus.

yours has a pretty big d pad mines small and also has a little button in the middle of it so that is pretty easy for genesis cos its got 2 ether side and one in the middle of the dpad to use as the start button or summet.

now......to try the psx emu :) lol

i've had that happen before too, i bought a Magnavox CDI 220 and it was guaranteed to work but it didn't at least i got my money back and if this doesn't work i'll just get another :D

if my base speed is 206mhz, what will i be able to stabaly overclock to, 300mhz?

I read somewhere that a guy got his to 500mhz and it didnt fry itself.

It ran till the bettery died (which didnt take long probobly lol)

I cant remember where i read that so i will give a link if i find it.

-Edit-

I have been reading the psx emu forums and most are getting 500 + easy but it is not really needed. and i have read several times that it has a VERY slim chance of frying and breaking.

they say it just crashes.

much like the gp32 :) lol (minus the speed lol)

I read somewhere that a guy got his to 500mhz and it didnt fry itself.

It ran till the bettery died (which didnt take long probobly lol)

I cant remember where i read that so i will give a link if i find it.

-Edit-

I have been reading the psx emu forums and most are getting 500 + easy but it is not really needed. and i have read several times that it has a VERY slim chance of frying and breaking.

they say it just crashes.

much like the gp32 :) lol (minus the speed lol)
WOW :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
keith, what emus are you using and how well do they run, are you overclocking, what systems work for you at frameskip 0-1 with sound.

I posted on PDArcade about NES, Genesis, SNES, PCEngine emu and i got a reply that nes, pcengine, and genesis are all full speed, and SNES is almost full speed, but i believe thats at my base 206mhz, so if i can overclock SNES should be full speed, but they didn't say if it was full speed with sound or not.

Back