Pandora stress test :(

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
I got hit by a car yesterday while I was on a bike. I was using audacious on the pandora that was in my pocket. After picking myself up i put my pandora in my pocket without putting my earphones in, I was a bit shaken. However when I was home I wanted to test wether the pandora survived, and it looks like it did exept for the jack port that got a beating (it only gives sound if I slightly press the jackplug, also sound from the internal speakers is gone). So I guess I have to resolder the jack to the board, and check what happend to the speaker connection.

So I case you're wondering can a pandora survive a car-accident, in my case the anwser is almost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you're OK!

Did you get contact information of the car driver? If your Pandora got damaged by the accident, maybe you can let him (or his insurance) pay for a new one ;)

I'm am the type of person that likes to get away from an accident as fast as possible, the girl that hit me was quite shaken herself. I made sure her car did not have damages (or at least I asked her) there were bad scratches on the car but aparently they weren't from this accident :p Then I left, without taking her name or licence plate. I never like the hassle of dealing with insurance compagnies.

and thanks everybody for caring but It wasnt that hard of a hit, just a little smack with a bike :D

Did you know that Pandoricide carries the death penalty in 57* countries?

*±57, rounded down to the nearest multiple of 115.

Hope that you're ok, it seems that your Pandora got away with being relatively undamaged. I guess both you and your Pandora have been lucky to have sustained such minor injuries. Hopefully its a relatively simple solder repair but if worst comes to the worst and you need replacement components it might be just as well to get it RMA'd so you dont have to stress.

Glad you are ok and also that your Pandora kind of survived!

I crashed into a tree on my bike a while back... my Pandora survived that too.

The same Pandora accidentally fell down my stairs (I accidentally dropped it.) No problems.

Yeah glad no serious injury, to you or your Pandora.

Bike crash in Netherlands I am not too surprised about, I've only been to Am*dam but I didn't see much else aside from bikes and trams.

Bike crash into a tree though, how'd you manage that? Are you an extreme rider and race downhill through forests or something?

Or a biker-scout from Endor?

Yeah glad no serious injury, to you or your Pandora.

Bike crash in Netherlands I am not too surprised about, I've only been to Am*dam but I didn't see much else aside from bikes and trams.

Bike crash into a tree though, how'd you manage that? Are you an extreme rider and race downhill through forests or something?

Or a biker-scout from Endor?
Actually bike crashes don't happen to often in the netherlands...  because drivers are used to bikes everywhere and there are nice bike lanes everywhere. This girl just didn't look in her mirror carefully.

Yeah, I actually see a news article or a docu that mentioned that fact just a few months ago as it happens.

Think it was a 'pro-cycling' thing as there's a bit of an effort to get more people in London using cycles. They mentioned that, that because there are so many bikes the accident rate is actually lower, which at first would seem strange until you realise that it's because awareness of much greater.

Hopefully that girl will take extra care in using mirrors in future, could've been worse so one of those wake up moments probably for her.

Yeah, I actually see a news article or a docu that mentioned that fact just a few months ago as it happens.

Think it was a 'pro-cycling' thing as there's a bit of an effort to get more people in London using cycles. They mentioned that, that because there are so many bikes the accident rate is actually lower, which at first would seem strange until you realise that it's because awareness of much greater.

Hopefully that girl will take extra care in using mirrors in future, could've been worse so one of those wake up moments probably for her.
yeah they showed some things about that in the dutch news as well, apparently a delegation from londen biked to amsterdam, to see how 'we' do it. But I guess it takes a lot of changes to the infrastructure, since we hardly bike next to busy roads without a bike lane. There are a lot of bike lanes in the netherlands :D

Why was she not in the kitchen, and why werent you in your basement. This is what happens when we don't adhere to stereotypes.

Edit: im glad you seem to be ok though.

Glad you're okay! From now on just remember that women are just as bad getting out of parking spots as they are getting in.  :p  (joke people take it easy (no it isn't (yes it is)))

Back