Pandora Skin

dan300891

Still Fresh
Hi guys :)

I've had my Pandora (rebirth) a few months now (anniversary gift from my wife) and with having a 10 month old (and a cat who sits on everything) the case is already picking up a few cosmetic scratches...

So, I've been thinking about getting a vinyl skin printed to help protect it :) I was wonderinf if anyone has a basic layout already designed? save me a lot of time measuring, drawing remeasuring and redrawing the layout :)

thanks

dan

Brilliant. Thank you :)
I'd seen your skin on google images... I just hadnt seen the zip :)

time to photoshop :)

--EDIT--

Well, my first ideas done... Inspired by the Nintendo Entertainment System... 

Heres the images:

I've added a 10px blead on all edges.

My big question is, does anyone think the red glow on the buttons is too much? I'm 50/50 over it...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to say judging by a mockup, but maybe only have it on the game control inputs? It does seem a bit excessive, not in design or size of the glow but due to it being applied to the keyboard and number keys as well, which leads to a lot of red.

thanks for the feedback... ill edit it when im back at my desktop on monday, and see how it looks. the red glow is actually smaller than it looks too, because theres some bleed room inside the buttons lol

For a better impression of how it might look I'd suggest putting the mock-up against a black background (or just paining the buttons black if it's not transparent) and eliminating the bleed into the button area. After all, the keyboard buttons are themselves black, and the contrast does have an effect on how the colour is perceived.

- Neelix

Good idea neelix, I'll do that when I get back on monday :) (I wish I could think of a witty star treck voyager joke to put here, neelix is my overall favorite character across all series)

Right, I've taken the Ideas on board, and heres what I've come up with... I like it :D

thanks guys

I like the number buttons having the red glow too :)

Now I just need to get it printed (without the gray and black obviously) anyone know of a good printer who whip to the uk?

Back