Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
Okay basically I use SDL extensively for Penjin and in following, PandoraPanic!

I have started to try and setup my compiler for Pandora in Code::Blocks... so questions:

Are there any SDL libs (for Pandora) in any state available(to me)?
Has the button mapping for SDL and the Pandora's gaming controls been finalised.

If anyone that is in the know could help me out with any info I need to know that would be great, but if it's not ready, it's not ready and I understand that! :lol:

PokeParadox said:

I have started to try and setup my compiler for Pandora in Code::Blocks... so questions:

Has the button mapping for SDL and the Pandora's gaming controls been finalised.

If anyone that is in the know could help me out with any info I need to know that would be great, but if it's not ready, it's not ready and I understand that! :lol:

there is a SDL lib using the frambuffer, dosbox used this. Notaz put it together, myabe he can make it public. I dont think the buttons for pandora have been mapped. USB devices do work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that SDL is independent of keyboard mapping. If you want your game to use WASD, if you put those keys in the game, they will work with the Pandora's WASD.

I don't know about the gaming controls, but I assume they'll just appear as /dev/js0 or whatever joysticks appears as/function as.

It also shouldn't matter if you have libs available to you or not (unless you have a Beagleboard/Pandora devboard). Anyway, I know the feeling of wanting to test on the actual device. :) Angstrom should have some SDL libs and headers that should work, or at least you should be able to build them with OE.

Hope that helps.

Pickle said:
PokeParadox said:

there is a SDL lib using the frambuffer, dosbox used this. Notaz put it together, myabe he can make it public. I dont think the buttons for pandora have been mapped. USB devices do work.

well I can wait a bit longer, but if people can try and remember this thread or at least let me know as soon things become a bit more ready. I'd like get things compiling soon! :p

PokeParadox said:
Pickle said:
PokeParadox said:

You can always compile it for the PC or the gp2x?

well I can wait a bit longer, but if people can try and remember this thread or at least let me know as soon things become a bit more ready. I'd like get things compiling soon! :p

javaJake said:
/me thinks Pickle forgot to write his reply. :lol:

[In old man guru voice]
sometime the best answer is no answer
[/In old man guru voice]

Actually i wrote asking if you want to compile just try it on the gp2x or PC first?

Back