Pandora Resetting When Bumped? Fix It!

atomicthumbs

I am the king of the collectors, with hospital bed
Website
printeronfire.org
Mine did this when I put it in my pocket and bumped it against anything (or moved around).

Just shove some newspaper or something between the battery door and the battery before you insert them both on/into the Pandora. This fixes it.

hmm, im thinking a kind of foam in the lid as a standard could help?, tip for OP team, if you use the idea i want 100 usd :)

I jest ;)

atomicthumbs said:
Mine did this when I put it in my pocket and bumped it against anything (or moved around).

Just shove some newspaper or something between the battery door and the battery before you insert them both on/into the Pandora. This fixes it.

Hmm strange. Seems that the battery had a little too much room to move around inside the compartment. Conversely, my battery is so tight that the door bulges ever so slightly and doesn't fit 100% flush.

All Pandora's are indeed not equal.

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
^ MWeston mentioned that there are variances in the battery size.

That's probably down to the battery sticker, if it's applied loosely it would actually be a better fit.

atomicthumbs said:

Incorrect.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/3841-pandora-wont-start/page__p__71457#entry71457

It won't help to put a piece of paper on top of the battery. You need to make sure it stays in place SIDEWAYS.

There was supposed to be a clip that would keep the battery in place, but for some reason unknown to us, it had been removed by the case company...

Anyways, here's the fix:

Lay your Pandora in front of you with the L/R buttons facing up. Open the battery lid.

If you take a look at your battery, you can see it can wobble up and down.

I use some padded selfadhesive small sticker (about one millimeter thick) and stick that sideways on the top left area of the battery compartment, just a bit below the R button in the compartment to make sure the battery stays in-place.

You can do the same or used some folded paper (should also be 1-2mm thick) for testing.

It's kinda hard to explain, so if you have no idea what I was talking about here, I can make a picture for you.

The trick is to ensure that the battery contacts can't move sideways anymore.

^ In fairness, this thread is *ancient* - its last post was made one entire year before your reply. ;)

In general, we don't allow for such incredibly old threads to be bumped unless there is a very good reason for it, but I'll let it slide since you're new and likely not aware of that.

Usually, the limit on a bumpable thread's age tends to be judged to be around three months or so (give or take a bit - we're not pedantic about it :p), unless there's a good reason for a bump which hopefully won't confuse people. The reason for this is that there are a lot of older threads with very outdated information in them, and since a number of people don't check the timestamps on the threads they're replying to, this has in the past resulted in some rather unpleasant exchanges.

Back