Pandora Only Turns On Backligh

fvig2001

Still Fresh
Hi,
My Pandora arrived 2 months ago and I only got it today. I was able to turn it on and see the opening the pandora box screen. The screen was mildly flickering and I was unable to finish creating a user due to the select date bug. I tried a few times until a saw the leave the battery out for 10 minutes and retried. I was able to skip the select date but the pandora seemed to hang, the left nub was only moving upward and the screen flickering was worse (a white rectangle was appearing at the center). I then turned it off since there was no indication of operation.

Now my pandora does not display anything when I turn it on. Only the backlight and the indicator lights seem to work. Is my pandora hopelessly dead? The annoying part was I was about to reflash my pandora when this occurred.

When I insert a sd card, indicator lights turn on then turn off. So I guess the pandora fw is still working. This is the only time indicator lights turn on.

FYI: 298

mali said:
Do you get to the boot menu when powering up and holding the R button?

Sadly, no. Just backlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
You should send it back, then.

Well that's the annoying part, the device is already in the Philippines. Oh well, I should have sold it while my sister had it.

One thing you could check(which might void warranty though, you should ask Craig) is if the LCD ribbon isn't seated properly inside the connector on the PCB.

craigix said:
This does not sound like an LCD cable issue.

Ok that sounds depressing. Oh well, I'll probably send back the pandora on late september since a relative of mine is going back to the states at that time. Oh well.

Looks like there's still hope, the pandora logo appeared once, then backlight only. :(. Pressing and holding r trigger did nothing though. :(

sebt3 said:
Yeah he is right, that sound more like some kind of software problem.

Would you try to boot from SDcard ?

if that work, then your solution is just to reflash :)

Was somehow able to re-flash, it seems that the display driver of the original firmware got corrupted or something. Oh well, the pandora is up and running again with the annoying flickering. Oh well I'm returning this unit.

Back