Pandora not booting up after zaxoon screen.

coevin

Hi guys I sold my pandora and the buyer is claiming that the screen won't boot after the zaxoon screen. Any ideas what could be going wrong? Can I have a step by step (for a noob) to fix this. It was working before I sold it but I did format the sd card. When you try to do a flash can the files just been on the card or do you need a file structure?

Hi

Was the firmware flashed onto NAND or SDCARD?

If NAND then I guess guy needs to try to reflash?

e.g. From a typical ED description (http://boards.openpa...post__p__118756)

"To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry."

If onto SDCARD then need to use say SD Installer pnd?

http://www.pandorabi...ge=sd-installer

When you format sdcard it automatically puts on a files system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also try to boot up with no SD cards inserted: maybe the card has a problem, not the pandora.

Yeah apparently he has tried without the card same problem. I've told him to format using the Panasonic formatter then try the recovery again. The option for reboot using sd1 was not there. I've yet to hear a replie as of yet.

Did you wait long enough at first boot?

It will take a lot longer, than future boots, as the system is set up at first boot.

In combination with a slow sdcard to boot from this could lead you to think, it hangs. Just give it some more time?

Yeah this is what I'm saying but he says it's not working. I'm still waiting for another replie.

Yeah apparently he has tried without the card same problem. I've told him to format using the Panasonic formatter then try the recovery again. The option for reboot using sd1 was not there. I've yet to hear a replie as of yet.
As mcobit said it does take longer to set up and you have to wait awhile.Having said that i once had the problem wher the boot from sd1 option was not appearing though it had appeared for previous reflashes.I flashed from a different sdcard and it worked. If memory serves there was just some corrupt files or such on my card or it could be a problem with the card. But yes the panasonic sd card formatter is the one to use.

Back