Pandora Mockup Videos

That is awesome! I always feel the need to measure and cut up pieces of paper to get a real feel for the size of something that I'm reading about, and this is just taking it five steps further. The controls seem well enough set up, and the size compared with the GP2X is quite nice. I can fit the GP2X into my more roomy trouser pockets, so this should be fiine.

Really great mockups. :) I remember doing this when the Gamecube was announced. Hehe!

Nice mockup ;D
Is it easy to reach the Start, Select, and Menu buttons? What about the middle numerics and middle keyboard keys?

Shiny said:
Nice mockup ;D
Is it easy to reach the Start, Select, and Menu buttons? What about the middle numerics and middle keyboard keys?
every key except the number 6, start, select, menu are real easy to reach, but those arent impossible, just a bit uncomfortable. im not too worried though. :) keaboard is real slick! i wonder how pressing them will really feel. i like the placement. worried about balance with touchscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha... now let's tell everyone that this is the real deal ^^. It's made from recycled paper... get your share of environmental friendly pandora now!

No seriously... when I get my ordered pandora and it is actually made of cardboard I might have to kill some people, possibly in a very cruel way that telcolou might have approved of involving feces and a baseball bat.

Wow, great job! That looks better than the cardboard mockup I made a couple months ago. You even built up the hinges!

Well, now I won't bother taking videos of my cardboard mockup. I will wait until the new year to record video of a real plastic case.

This mockup looks great, and it's convinced me the layout is doable, and more importantly, usable :D

it looks like the dpad and abxy buttons are very uncomfortable to reach...
Maybe the analogue sticks and dpad/buttons should be switched around.

Unless you have some kind of withered hand they are not hard to reach, they are in the same place as they are on a DS.

Make a mockup and try it. It's easy! :)

@Vimacs: Igh, I can't see enjoying that. You'd end up hitting the analog things unless your thumbs were uncomfortably arched.

craigix said:
Unless you have some kind of withered hand they are not hard to reach, they are in the same place as they are on a DS.

Make a mockup and try it. It's easy! :)
see, the dpad on the ds is also uncomfortable to reach, my right thumb always starts hurting after some time when playing ds.

Controls shouldn't be that close to the frame, it makes you cramp your thumbs in unnatural positions.

Vimacs said:
see, the dpad on the ds is also uncomfortable to reach, my right thumb always starts hurting after some time when playing ds.

Controls shouldn't be that close to the frame, it makes you cramp your thumbs in unnatural positions.
I think I recall something like that aswell from my DS, trying to play Mario Kart got pretty difficult when you had to do that little boost thing whilst going left

teggun said:
Vimacs said:

I think I recall something like that aswell from my DS, trying to play Mario Kart got pretty difficult when you had to do that little boost thing whilst going left

Refresh my memory, but does that involve jumping with one of the shoulders? Either way, definitely something to smooth out. That would be incredibly annoying.

Igh, yeah. After watching the first video again, I can definitely see that being uncomfortable. Is it possible to move the d pad (and probably ABXY) closer to the center? Maybe if you put those center buttons to either the top or sides, and shifted everything inwards?

Back