Pandora Micro/Mini?

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
Hi ED,

With all this talk of the Pandora 2 lately I was wondering if your idea for a smaller Pandora with a Wiz/Dingoo/Caanoo form factor was still a possibility? I personally thought it was a great idea when it was first spoken of on GP32X. Have you and Craig talked about this? It might be a good idea for something like this in between Pandora 1 and 2 especially if everything goes according to plan with the next rounds of mass production.

What do ya think?

While it would be possible, it would currently not work out.

The main costs are the PCB and LCD, so making a smaller version won't make i cheaper.

It could happen for P2 though.

Thought:

Build a P2 as a clamshell not unlike the P1, but with WHDI hardware.

Then build a 'slate' with bluetooth game controls, a (touch) screen and a WHDI reciver chip. - could be much simpler and cheaper than developing a separate device (?) - could also be connected to other devices that support iCade/WHDI

Or something...

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wanted supper small gaming console. Not many of those are developed/produced. PokemonMini is such a device, and also GBA micro to some degree (although bigger).

Not sure if that would be feasible at all for OP team, since it would be a complete new development (i don't believe current OMAP would fit that form factor) and I am not sure how big could be the market for something like that.

screenshot1wx.png

Its a baby panda!

Or a two-part Dingoo. With the Pandora logo and an epic'er background. The Dingoo is pretty small though, seriously. That thing in the center bottom, is it a nub..? .... Baby panda, aww.

Or a two-part Dingoo. With the Pandora logo and an epic'er background. The Dingoo is pretty small though, seriously. That thing in the center bottom, is it a nub..? .... Baby panda, aww.

yup, its a nub

I would like something really small. Way smaller than Dingoo. Smaller than GBA micro. Size of PokeMini or smaller. Then again, such device has nothing to do with Pandora...

Just personal thoughts here.... This is the most rediculous thread I have ever seen.

Sorry, I just like the pandora at the size it's at. But, then, I use it as a stand in computer as much if not more than as a niche gaming console.

^

A Dingoo A320 kept me sane waiting for a Pandora. It would be nice for something to have proper controls and support from this community. GPH just couldn't get it right IMO.

Back