Pandora Canibalize USB Mini PC

Birdog

Still Fresh
I read through about canibalizing from other projects to make your Pandora more powerfull. Problem is most PCB's are to big but what about the new $90 Dual Core Mini PC computers coming out now like the one from Oval Elephant

This little computer has a Dual Core Rockchip RK3066 ARM Cortex-A9, Quad Core Mali400, 1 GB DDRIII, Wireless N with USB Port, USB OTG, HDMI Port and One MicroSD slot with 4GB ROM

Most importantly they are small enought to fit inside a Pandora with room to add maybe a usb hub...?

Well, you know...It's not like the pandoras keyboard and nubs are connected by USB, or the screen by DVI. To cram something into the case might be possible, but actually getting it to work with the rest of the stuff in the case is something else.

Well the problem is that you have to write your own emulators for stuff like more powerful machines and then only you would be able to make use of it ... You know what find a circuit co with a broken case but working board and try it ! I'd think that would be a fitting use once most people have upgraded to the Pandora 2 , 2 years from now .

I was just wondering. I cant justify over 500 for a single core computer just yet. Does anyone know how the pandora Interfaces with the Screen, Keyboard, and/or the nubs?

As for emulators most can already be found for android with is what this runs now and what they say Pandora 2 will run. I know there is NES, GBA, and Mame Emulator for Android. Not sure about N64, ... emulators but if not the will soon be there for android. Soon there will be XMBC for anroid too so with a remote this could also be a HTPC and with Bluetooth Controller like This SIXAXIS it could be used for Gaming on you TV too.

Sound like it would be better for you to just build your own handheld based on a devboard alltogether.

The keyboard of the pandora is on the main pcb, so you cannot use that. Same for the nubs and dpad etc.

Maybe get an icontrolpad or wait for icontrolpad2 to get nubs and keyboard and try to cram the stick inside there and hack a screen on it somehow...

Back