Pandora And 2x Software

nixeon4x

Still Fresh
I'ts great that the new successor to the 2X is already looking good on paper,
but will it be backwards compatible with the 2X's emus, games and so on? :huh:

I don't think so, but they won't be hard to port supposedly. But I really don't know for sure, hmmm....

Squidge was saying something about emulators running faster on this thing than on GP2X, and they were unoptimized for the hardware. So yeah, good stuff. The dual processor aspects of stuff like Picodrive would probably have to be switched up a little, though, right?

Non optimised sloppy ports of PC emus will probably run well on this thing due to CPU power. I do hope there is some optimisation though to run at a lower clock speed and extend battery run time.

Oh I gotta a pretty good feeling most emus can be reconfigured for pandora.

besides we could finally get that full speed tg16 emu and fba emu we've been complaining about for so long ^_^

Yrx said:
Squidge was saying something about emulators running faster on this thing than on GP2X, and they were unoptimized for the hardware. So yeah, good stuff. The dual processor aspects of stuff like Picodrive would probably have to be switched up a little, though, right?
That was back when they were split between using the i.MX31 and the MMPS2+, right? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
nixeon4x said:
hi can i get any official links to the pandora? i have no idea what you guys are talking about.

atomicthumbs said:
Yrx said:
That was back when they were split between using the i.MX31 and the MMPS2+, right? :lol:

lol, Yeah, I think so.

openpandora.org if the poster above is still wondering.

zohnnyg said:
nixeon4x said:
hi can i get any official links to the pandora? i have no idea what you guys are talking about.

i found the pandora website. who is making and manufacturing the pandora? it doesnt say anywhere. why no 6th and 7th generation console emulation? whats the big deal. we all love that stuff.

zohnnyg said:
i found the pandora website. who is making and manufacturing the pandora? it doesnt say anywhere. why no 6th and 7th generation console emulation? whats the big deal. we all love that stuff.
Craigix is the main man behind the Pandora. Several people on these forums are making and funding it.

6th gen consoles include: PS2 & XBox. This system is going to be powerful, but not powerful enough to emulate systems such as those.

7th gen: Xbox 360, PS3... Yeah, I don't think I need to say anything about those :)

Sure someone will come along and try to do PS2/PSP/XBOX emulation at some point after all they are getting closer with PS1 emulation on the GP2X

Squidge said:
zohnnyg said:
Craigix is the main man behind the Pandora. Several people on these forums are making and funding it.

6th gen consoles include: PS2 & XBox. This system is going to be powerful, but not powerful enough to emulate systems such as those.

7th gen: Xbox 360, PS3... Yeah, I don't think I need to say anything about those :)

oh lol im sorry i had it backwards. i thought 6th and 7th generation consoles were the ones from the 1970s and early 1980s.

Back