P X M L Archetype

dflemstr

It's a ball.
Website
Visit site
There has been recent discussion about PXML chaos, so I hereby introduce an archetypical PXML file that is to be used as a base for as many PND files as possible. If you follow the guidelines outlined in the comments of this PXML file, you are "safe", meaning that your PXML won't be broken.

Here it is:
http://pandorawiki.org/PXML_archetype

I want everyone who has ever created a PND file or who wants to create one, to (re)write your PXML files using this as a base, so as to ensure that all PND files are valid.

That's really sweet, and I will be sure to make use of it.

Suggestions: it should probably include comments on a couple of the optional elements (info would be a useful one), and should probably have the URL for the wiki's PXML specification for information on the more esoteric elements (the wiki is the canonical source of information on this, right?).

Thank you!

Tempel said:
Suggestions:
Read the fine print ;)

I don't want to be all like "Hey everyone, I wrote this thing and want everyone to use it, live with it or leave, or beg me to make additions"
but rather "Hey, everyone should use this, if you don't like it, change it and give back the changes to the community"

EDIT: Also, I'm lazy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, sorry! I saw the "if you find mistakes", but didn't see the "or want to change anything". Since they were just suggestions and not mistakes, I thought I'd mention them first.

Forking requires a github login, which means that I'll probably get to editing eventually, but not at the moment. Signing up for anything just always seems like such a barrier, especially when there are things I should be doing instead. Still, eventually.

stick it up in the libpnd hub wiki - not sure if anyone goes there, but hopefully they do (ie: as it points to the pxml specification, and has the godo form notes, etc.)

I should suck it down into the libpnd git as well.

jeff

Ok, I thought everyone had GitHub accounts these days (I'm being too much with Java and Ruby developers...) but I'll copy it over to the PXML_specification wiki page instead.

EDIT: the file is now at http://pandorawiki.org/PXML_archetype

Back