Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Website
Visit site
So I've heard it's running at default at 500Mhz, but it's actually a 600Mhz processor, then why does it run normally only at 500?
Plus, i've heard it could be overclocked to 900Mhz, how true is that, how stable is the system then (concerned about heat), how easy will it be to overclock programs to this value and also very important, how much will the 900Mhz running power shorten the duration of the battery time?

Wolfsclaw said:
So I've heard it's running at default at 500Mhz, but it's actually a 600Mhz processor, then why does it run normally only at 500?

Why not? The PSP ran at 266MHz, even though it had a 333Mhz processor. Lower clock = lower voltage = higher running time via battery and less heat.
Plus, i've heard it could be overclocked to 900Mhz
Yes, you can, nothing special is needed. Just request the higher frequency. Battery and heat will depend on how much of the SoC is utilised, as the Pandora has sophisticated power management.

This has been asked before also, with a much lengthier discussion. Please search for that if you require more information (eg. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=44596&hl= )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back