Other System Emulators

vipin

Still Fresh
Hello guys,

Its great that Pandora is finally ready and will soon be in our hands.
Just want to ask you is it possible to emulate other O/S ( eg : ipod touch , zune hd , android , etc ) on Pandora as hardware wise most of these devices other than zune use same processor that is used in our hardware. If it does it will make lots of sense as many applications and games need not be portated just can be emulated and i think there are lots of them.

Thanking You.

You wouldn't "emulate" other portable OSes, you'd port them. Porting an OS has the same requirements (and then some) as porting software. Andriod is possible, iphone and zune are not.

Thanks for the reply i wanted to ask is there possible for vmware or wine sort of software to run on pandora which has ARM processor as done for x86 pc, most of them are open source, will this ever be possible.

Still no. The firmware for devices like the iphone or Zune are proprietary and pretty well locked down. There is no way to run them on different hardware. Emulating the hardware environment ala wine is far more difficult then I think you realize.

Back