opnmsx won't recognize any system bios

Solstar

the readme says to put roms or disks on the software roms folder,i put there a ocuple of bios,all renamed as the emu wants it,and yet when i want to launch the machine or want the change the machine(i.e. a different model,panaosnic,sony etc)it still says i'm missing those roms..the roms works perfeclty on a pc msx emu,so the files are correct.any help please ? :(

'Roms' are game files (cartridge, tape or disk images), 'System Roms' or Bios files are copies of the actual MSX hardware's internal chip, allowing you to emulate specific machines more accurately - it's not clear from your post whether you have put actual Bios files in the correct location, or put them where software Roms go instead.

I'm not using openMSX myself, but from it's release thread I see this about system Roms (Bios files):

As you can see in the openMSX documentation (setup guide), you can add legacy system ROMs in the appdata/openMSX/systemroms/ and select the appropriate machine in the menu, you will have the full emulation of the original computer.
Note that you can google a bit to find MSX system ROMS.

http://boards.openpa..._20#entry109043

Note that the folder location for Bios files is 'systemroms' not 'softwareroms'.

As I say, I'm not using openMSX myself so I can't say if that info is current!

If that's no help and the Bios files are where they are supposed to be, maybe it would help someone identify the problem if you say what the files you renamed were called before you renamed them (including their extension) and what you renamed them as (also including the extension).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back