Opensnes Savestates

Jegriva

Website
Visit site
I can't load the Savestates with the Reesy's OSnes9xGP; when I try toload a save-files, appears the message Loading........Error.

What do you suggest?

where are these savestates from? your pc or a previous save using osnes?
if you are using a savestate from your pc, I don't believe its compatable with yoyo's osnes (many thanks go to Ressy for the excellent sound clarity). Sram, however, is compatable (or so I've heard; I have yet to try it).

If you are not aware of the difference between savestates and sram, sram is the ingame save (automatically saved upon exiting to the emu's menu). Street fighter, for example, does not use sram; there are no ingame saves. A game like Zelda, however, does include a cartidge, or sram, save feature.

edit- or maybe i misunderstood; can you simply not load your savestates that you have saved with your gp32? If this is the case, try reinstalling osnes and be sure to follow the readme for directions. Also, are you using zipped roms?

I can't load the savestate made with Osnes9x on my GP32, and I use zipped roms. In the readme there's written only this:
savestate : own format with screenshots.
Zsnes savestate can be loaded if correctly named (mariow.smc/.zip -> mariow.zst,.zs1,.zs2, ...)

I can't load the savestate made with Osnes9x on my GP32, and I use zipped roms. In the readme there's written only this:
savestate : own format with screenshots.
  Zsnes savestate can be loaded if correctly named (mariow.smc/.zip -> mariow.zst,.zs1,.zs2, ...)

You probably have the 8th October 2005 version. :eek: Reesy posted that he broke the save function in that one and posted a new updated version on the 10th October 2005.

Download it from here.

I have my roms zipped and have no problems with save states anymore.

I don't think Evil Dragon has this version in his file archive, I stumbled across this newer file whilst searching for the same answer you are now looking for. ;)

E.D. Sorry if I am out of date, but I don't think you had this version uploaded when I went looking for it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow! I really must've overlooked it, and nobody told me :eek:

Updated now, thanks for the info!!!

Holy cow! I really must've overlooked it, and nobody told me :eek:

Updated now, thanks for the info!!!

Whoops!

Sorry E.D., but I took it for granted that you would have had this file in your archive, it is my main source for all things GP32 and now GP2X related. :)

Thanks for your hard work and for trying to keep these boards in order over the last couple of days.

YUHUUU!
Now I haven't anymore to play all FF6 in one play... :ph34r: gp32_console

:D Glad that's helped :D Now you can take a break once in a while. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back