OpenPandora TV Edition - Add Display?

bluedeer

There seem to be no more 1Ghz Pandora editions on the Dragonbox Shop, but there do seem to be a number of 1Ghz TV Editions. Are these TV-only versions due to a defect that made having a built-in display unviable? Or are these essentially full Pandoras, just without the displays? Is it possible to build in the displays with parts, and can display parts be obtained for those enterprising enough to install them?

There seem to be no more 1Ghz Pandora editions on the Dragonbox Shop, but there do seem to be a number of 1Ghz TV Editions. Are these TV-only versions due to a defect that made having a built-in display unviable? Or are these essentially full Pandoras, just without the displays? Is it possible to build in the displays with parts, and can display parts be obtained for those enterprising enough to install them?
The problem (and the reason why the TV - Editions exist) is that there aren't any LCD-Cables on stock anymore*. So unless you are able to find a solution to connect the LCD-Panel (which can still be bought through EDs shop) to the board you are out of luck.

*Disclaimer: actually ED still has some LCD-Cables, for RMA purposes

The problem (and the reason why the TV - Editions exist) is that there aren't any LCD-Cables on stock anymore*. So unless you are able to find a solution to connect the LCD-Panel (which can still be bought through EDs shop) to the board you are out of luck.

I do see on the Dragonbox Site that you can buy LCD's (Both new and Used) but the lids don't come with it, so obtaining parts doesn't seem to likely be as much an issue, but whether or not the mainboards themselves are defective hence the TV, was what I was wondering. I imagine that getting a case printed wouldn't be difficult, though I'm also interested in the Aluminum casings that were discussed in other forums. I'm working up the steam to buy a Pandora, it's just been slightly financially out of reach, but now that 1Ghz editions aren't being offered on Dragonbox at the moment, I'm finding myself wondering if I'll just have to wait for the Pyra instead.

Scratch that, I just found a post in the News that actually EvilDragon answers that YES, they are fully functional just missing parts. So that answers that question!

I do see on the Dragonbox Site that you can buy LCD's (Both new and Used) but the lids don't come with it, so obtaining parts doesn't seem to likely be as much an issue, but whether or not the mainboards themselves are defective hence the TV, was what I was wondering. I imagine that getting a case printed wouldn't be difficult, though I'm also interested in the Aluminum casings that were discussed in other forums. I'm working up the steam to buy a Pandora, it's just been slightly financially out of reach, but now that 1Ghz editions aren't being offered on Dragonbox at the moment, I'm finding myself wondering if I'll just have to wait for the Pyra instead.
You can buy LCDs in the shop, but you also need an additional cable to connect it, which is not available, and would be very expensive to make in small quantities otherwise ED would have done it already.
(There are replacement plastic case parts in the shop.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back