Openpandora.org No More?

its been that way since the site went down (then came back up) its probably just a quick fix until everything can be sorted out.

Yep, moved the site to a new server temporarily, since the traffic is still 5 times higher than three weeks ago.
And since we don't want any slowdowns on the boards, I just moved it :)

EvilDragon said:
Yep, moved the site to a new server temporarily, since the traffic is still 5 times higher than three weeks ago.
...and I don't think the traffic will be getting lighter any time soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
EvilDragon said:
...and I don't think the traffic will be getting lighter any time soon. :)

The unofficial blog is grinding a bit too. I need to get SuperCache working again.

I think we will see massive traffic once it's official the Pandora is finished. digg, reddit, slashdot(?), engadget- it will be chaos.

Optimize your servers!

Gruso said:
Yep, the plan is to embed digg/reddit buttons when the first assembled Pandora is posted. All our base will belong to nuts.

You mean just now? Look at the thread "It's Here".

GuchaRU said:
umm, if the problem with the servers why change domain name?

Because the old server is still doing the eMails and the hostname of the old one is openpandora.org.
It would've been much more complicated to move everything than just the content. And since I already owned that domain, I could do a simple redirect.

Last edited:
Couldn't you have changed the openpandora.org A record to the new server and leave the MX record to the old server?

WizardStan said:
Couldn't you have changed the openpandora.org A record to the new server and leave the MX record to the old server?

Basically yes, but since the servers name for HELO was hephaistos.openpandora.org and there are many different domains on this server (all using the same hostname), this would've lead to either a lot of new configurations or problems which could lead to being blacklisted.
Aditionally, our devs are using openpandora.org for a GIT - and the git is still on the old server, etc.

Would have caused a LOT more troubles :)

It will go back to the old server once I got rid of Joomla or got a new server :)

Last edited:
Back