Openbor Don't Seem To Work Blackscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

need4speed

Website
Visit site
Hi when I play openbor It does not work I been trying to play rage of the streets a openbor mod and It always stay on a blackscreen all the time and don't seem to load this mod. I was looking forward to this mod Is there anyway to get this to work thanks.

Is the file called bor.pak because it needs to be called bor.pak if it isn't called bor.pak then it probably won't work as bor.pak is what it needs to be called and in so much as having the neccesity of being called bor.pak the fact of the matter still remains that bor.pak must be the title of the pak file.

it doesn't work for me either. I put the original bor.pak in a folder with the bor.gpe and openbor.gpe and only the bor.gpe works.

Conclusion:eek:penbor is messed up for now.

Thats a real shame cause I did what you two said and It does not work. The openbor needs fixing I hope It does get fix :(

Wow how considerate of you no im serious you did something that is benefiting the community as a whole and for that we love you no we really do im not just saying this because there is no reason behind it but getting openbor working is a real concern hopefully the author will heed your call and get busy.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 4 2006 at 06:00 PM said:
Wow how considerate of you no im serious you did something that is benefiting the community as a whole and for that we love you no we really do im not just saying this because there is no reason behind it but getting openbor working is a real concern hopefully the author will heed your call and get busy.

Wow, that is quite the sentence you got there. Have you ever read PA's Mr. Peroid comics? They are a riot. Basically what they are saying if you don't use grammar/punctuation/correct spelling in posts you sound, well, 8-15. Even if you are 8-15, don't you want to sound more intelligent?

Thanx,
Stan

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Mar 4 2006 at 05:30 PM said:
Is the file called bor.pak because it needs to be called bor.pak if it isn't called bor.pak then it probably won't work as bor.pak is what it needs to be called and in so much as having the neccesity of being called bor.pak the fact of the matter still remains that bor.pak must be the title of the pak file.

Hmm, wouldn't be fair to point it out to one person and not the other, look above.

Thanx,
Stan

second exodous posted on Mar 5 2006 at 02:57 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 4 2006 at 06:00 PM said:
Wow, that is quite the sentence you got there.

I'm pretty sure he was just taking the rip out of this:

need4speed posted on Mar 5 2006 at 12:25 AM said:
Hi when I play openbor It does not work I been trying to play rage of the streets a openbor mod and It always stay on a blackscreen all the time and don't seem to load this mod. I was looking forward to this mod Is there anyway to get this to work thanks.

Dear Second Exoduous,

Have you ever heard of sarcasm? Basically what it says is if you don't understand sarcasm in other peoples' posts you sound, well, 3-8. Even if you are 3-8, you still have the intelligence comparable to a chain-smoking monkey if you don't comprehend things that others easily do.

Love,
The Internet Coalition (We're serious business).

P.S -- Signing your posts with your name (or any repetetive garbage) makes you look like a self-important prick.

iignotus posted on Mar 4 2006 at 08:19 PM said:
Dear Second Exoduous,

Have you ever heard of sarcasm? Basically what it says is if you don't understand sarcasm in other peoples' posts you sound, well, 3-8. Even if you are 3-8, you still have the intelligence comparable to a chain-smoking monkey if you don't comprehend things that others easily do.

Love,
The Internet Coalition (We're serious business).

P.S -- Signing your posts with your name (or any repetetive garbage) makes you look like a self-important prick.
Yeah, I wasn't going to call you on it, but I thought daclassicgamingmaster would get upset if I didn't. I was calling him because he just seemed mean about it, and you did a little. When you answer a person in a way that you did it sounds like you're attacking the guy, like he's too stupid to read the readme. Why couldn't you just ask if the pak file was named 'bor.pak' instead of writing all that?

I admit that signing my name like that is a bit odd, but it's how I sign my e-mail so I do it by habit, and I'm usually looking for help, so it seems appropriate most of the time. Can't...help...signing...the... same...way...

Thanx,
Stan

There were studies that 50% of the time (Yes its as high as 50%) that people reading what you wrote on the internet will not get your sarcasm, humor, or point of view at all.

yeah, thats because you don't actually hear the person. That's how I got banned before.

PSyMastR posted on Mar 5 2006 at 06:33 AM said:
There were studies that 50% of the time (Yes its as high as 50%) that people reading what you wrote on the internet will not get your sarcasm, humor, or point of view at all.
I think it is 90%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back