GP2X Open2x Not Finding Default Libraries (-lz)

Hitnrun

Hello!

I don't know what is happening, when compiling the open2x compiler isn't finding the default libraries, like "-lz" for zlib, nor default includes like "png.h", I am needing to pass LDFLAGS="-L/opt/open2x//gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6/lib" and CFLAGS="-L/opt/open2x/gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6/include".

Can I fix this?

juanvvc

Sure, you need "-I/opt/open2x/gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6/include" in CFLAGS. Just change the -L for -I.

Of course, this only works if you have zlib and libpng installed on open2x. Did you download the libpack from the open2x site? It is a package appart from the toolchain.

Hitnrun

juanvvc said:
Sure, you need "-I/opt/open2x/gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6/include" in CFLAGS. Just change the -L for -I.

Of course, this only works if you have zlib and libpng installed on open2x. Did you download the libpack from the open2x site? It is a package appart from the toolchain.
Ops I typed wrong, CFLAGS is with -I.

What I was talking about was, previously I didn't needed to include these CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to programs using libs in the /opt/open2x//gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6/lib path.

I downloaded the open2x compiler pack from the site, but as for the libs, I compiled it off svn, does this make a difference?

Last edited by a moderator:

Orkie

Super Duper Mega GP Mania
Website
www.gp2x.dev
The libs in SVN should be fine if you got them from the 'libs' directory, but the 'libs-new' ones seem to be a bit unreliable currently. Still, if you want to be certain, download the latest stable lib pack.

Hitnrun

Orkie said:
The libs in SVN should be fine if you got them from the 'libs' directory, but the 'libs-new' ones seem to be a bit unreliable currently. Still, if you want to be certain, download the latest stable lib pack.
Yes I'm using the libs one, not libs-new.
Doesn't the compiler have a list of "default" directories that it always search? Is there a command line to see this, or even better, change it?

Strange thing is that I never messed with compilling the compiler, only the libs, don't know what went wrong, it worked before...

Last edited by a moderator: