Open Hexagon

This is better than Super Hexagon, IMO. THe music is certainly far better. Unfortunately depends on SFML, good luck with porting that.

D.

Ok, how does that help us?

It's the OpenGL requirements that are the sticking point, which may be worked around as _wb_ says above if we're lucky.

I don't code a word of C/C++, so I found it far simpler to just remove SFML completely from FMN and rebuild with SDL and EGL - I don't know however how tightly knitted SFML is to OpenHexagon, or I'd give it a shot myself.

Bear in mind also that it uses various libs such as LUA etc to handle level construction and suchlike, which may or may not impact performance negatively depending on how they're used. Has anyone tested OpenHexagon on a 600MHz-ish PC to guage rough performance?

D.

Wouldn't the different instruction sets make that comparison meaningless?

Wouldn't the different instruction sets make that comparison meaningless?
I did say "rough" performance - the differences can be huge though. I have a 366MHz AMD here that runs SpecBAS faster under windows than the Pandora build at 800MHz, and I have to assume it's because of the way that FPC handles floats. But the general consensus was that the Pandora was similar in terms of power to a P3, though I don't know quite how accurate that comparison was.

Would be worth a try though, just for a very rough idea :)

D.

Developer here, thanks for your interest in the game. If there's anything I can do to help port the game with my code, please let me know.  I have never stepped out of SFML into raw OpenGL programming, though

Nice to have the original author in this thread!

AFAIU, the issue isn't SFML itself, it's that SFML depends on OpenGL, which is not available (at least not in hardware; Pandora's GPU only supports GL|ES).

However, we could try to get SFML working with lunixboch's implementation of OpenGL in GL|ES. Anyone wants to attempt that?

I'm moving this thread to the dev subforum btw, since this is not really offtopic.

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "Off topicOfftopic General talk" to "PandoraDevelopment SectionGeneral Talk".

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it is available in hardware as the same gpu was used in intel atom socs and had opengl drivers there.

The problem is that there are no full opengl drivers for embedded arm devices :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it is available in hardware as the same gpu was used in intel atom socs and had opengl drivers there.

The problem is that there are no full opengl drivers for embedded arm devices :(
That was the SGX535 iirc, which is not the same. It could very well be so that they stripped away whatever was necassery for full OpenGL to save die space.

I don't think so.

The specs state:

API support includes OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0, OpenVG 1.1, OpenGL 2.0/3.0 and DirectX9/10.1

http://www.chipestimate.com/ip.php?id=20770

Seems to stand true for the whole 53x series.

The chips are bought from imagination technologies and I don't think there are modified hardware versions for mobile devices.

There would be some info about that somewhere.

Back