Online Ordering

Hwrd

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I made an order from www.gamersection.ca after seeing positive posts about the website here in the forums. Well, I checked my account after the weekend, and it noted that I had not made any orders. All the same the PayPal transaction had gone through.

Since then, I have emailed and instant messaged with no response from the company. I also called both their Montreal and Toronto telephone numbers. There was no answer in either location, and the message boxes were full in both locations.

Hopefully I can get the PayPal transaction reversed. But at this point, I cannot recommend www.gamersection.ca. Even if there is some reasonable explanantion for the poor service:

- they do not send any automated email confirming order
- they do not send any automated email when emailed themselves
- absolutely no telephone response

Never again for me. Hopefully I'm not out the bucks...

Hwrd

Yeah man, i had the same problem. Yours will come though in a buisness day or two, just be patient. Thye don't have any automation at all; and while this makes sure that your order is personally dealt with, in the end it takes a F****** long time to get it processed and sent off.

I bought my stuff, payed for express, but because i had to use a friends paypal (dont have my own) they tied up my order with "payment mismatch" for a bloody week. I had to phone them three times, MSN them i dont know how many times, and send 5 emails to get them to fix the bloody problem. Then they took 4 more days to actually ship the stupid thing. And now Fedex tells me it will take almost 4 days to get it to me, even though the website said i'd have it in 1 or 2. In short, i've been waiting 2 weeks for something i should have had in 2 days, becaus ethe site is poorly managed and quite frankly lazy. ( They actually didn't know what was going on on several occasions).

Also, even though the site is canadian, and you choose where you live when you make an account, the prices are for some reason always displayed in American currency. Didn't find tyhat out untili got to the paypal screen either, they dont bother telling you at all.

Beware Gamersection.ca <_<

I got mine from Winipeg. www.consolesource.com, they'reshipping warehouse is in Oshawa, ordered it (us dollars) got it in two days, just their regular shipping, fast, efficient, got confirmation emails, got trackign number, their live help kicks ass, bought a whole bunch of stuff from them before too, never had a problem, and did I mention they have live help? and it's awesome! They return emails, etc.

~cr8tive Leo

Besides the CAD$ turned US$ thievery, I had the opposite experience with them. I ordered the console on a Tuesday evening and it arrived Friday morning, and that's with their cheapest shipping. I received constant e-mail updates on my order's status, as well as a prompt order confirmation. I'll probably continue dealing with them, although the Canadian business having US$ prices reeks just enough to piss me off.

- Alex

Depends where you are though. I'm in BC, and i'm waiting on my...3rd day for delivery. Since it didn't come today, looks like it wont get here till late monday now. I do believe i was rippied out of $70 for express shipping that never happend. :angry:

You certainly were. I'm in Ontario myself, so for you the delivery is literary coast to coast...

- Alex

I can definitely recommend videogamesplus.ca, I live in the uk and ordered a psp + a game and it came with-in 7 days of placing my order, They even marked the package contents value (on the box) as $20 (canadian) so i didn`t have to pay any import charges. :D

Trooper

Yeah, Video Games Plus is a pretty good store. Plus it's always nice to keep my money in the country, if at all possible. They don't sell the GP2X though, as far as I know, so I don't think it helps here.

I had a decent experience with Divineo, even though I was expecting them to be a little sketchy. They've got the GP2X for sale, but it's a little more than some other places. On the upside, their North American shop is based out of Quebec, so any Canucks will be buying from within the country. Prices are in USD but they have a currency converter on the site.

Gamersection.ca is a poorly run operation and very disorganized.

Emails take days to respond to, and sometimes they will respond to older emails after your newest one, creating endless confusion. They messed up details on my order, which ended up delaying shipment a further week!

They never answer either of their two published phone numbers.

Response time for shipping is deplorable.

My guess is that this business is run on a part time basis.

BE WARNED....

Mac

I ordered my stuff from their place too, I live in montreal.

While I have to agree that their customer service is not the best around, I can vouch for them that they are honest people.

they do reply to email and answer the phone, just not very fast/often =P

But I was able to get everything I needed for a fair price and a "reasonnable" delay(their automation system fux0r3d up while I was waiting for my stuff and it took like 2 extra days to ship...)

Dude, if you live in Montreal you could have paid the symbolic shipping fair (say $3) and pick it up yourself the same day.

- Alex

I figured I'd better post that I did eventually get my order (like Azalin above).

Having said that, I don't plan on ordeing through gamersection.ca ever again.

My hassle should only be providing the money...

Back