Oldplay 1.33

Micket

Website
www.micket.com
Hi i did a few fixes
VERSION 1.33
* Fixed bug where volume was not changed until song was playing
* Increased max volume (per request). The difference between low and high is now
VERY large. Hopefully everyone will be satisfied.
* Mods are back at stereo again (per request). Since there is a stereo-mix feature
those who want mono should use that.
* Turning off the screen might work on F200 now

Thats all!

http://www.micket.com/oldplay.zip

wopps. I keep forgetting that darn link. Thanks mods!

Micket said:
Hi i did a few fixes
VERSION 1.33
* Fixed bug where volume was not changed until song was playing
* Increased max volume (per request). The difference between low and high is now
VERY large. Hopefully everyone will be satisfied.
* Mods are back at stereo again (per request). Since there is a stereo-mix feature
those who want mono should use that.
* Turning off the screen might work on F200 now

Thats all!
nothing big? the screen being turned off on an F200 is a BIG thing trust me :)

i look forward to downloading this release later.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried it out. Nice player. Good to see that the F-200 screen can now be turned off. :D

Unfortunatly It still doesnt work correctly for me. When I use this program, both the headphones AND the internal speakers play. Its impossible to use on the train this way. My headphone jack is fine, and this is the only program that does it. Really frustrating because I like the interface and features of this program :(

I have a mk1 first edition with 2.11 firmware.

grahf said:
Unfortunatly It still doesnt work correctly for me. When I use this program, both the headphones AND the internal speakers play. Its impossible to use on the train this way. My headphone jack is fine, and this is the only program that does it. Really frustrating because I like the interface and features of this program :(

I have a mk1 first edition with 2.11 firmware.
Still, i have, just as every other program, not done anything related to speakers/headphones. There is simply no code to fix. In fact, i would have thought that the speaker/headphone thing was controlled in the hardware.

I don't know why it is happening, I'm just using SDL, and SDL is writing the samples wherever it wants. There is no code for detecting if headphones are connected at all, so i got nothing to fix.
So either SDL is at fault, or the overclocking is messing up the whole GP2X unit.
You can try to turn off overclocking in default.cfg, becuase there isn't anything thats possible to do with the source for Oldplay.

No, I most certainly believe you. Its just a pretty crazy occurance. When it first happened, I immediately thought it was the headphone jack coming loose (as the mk1s were known to do). However upon inspection it was fine. The crazy part is that the headphones work fine with every other program, even the startup sound.

I tried changing overclock settings, and running from the default menu instead of gmenu2x. Neither had any effect.

There is a good chance its a bug pertaining to the mk1 first edition units.. Maybe there is someone else out there with a mk1 1stE w/ firmware 2.1.1 that is willing to check this out?

grahf said:
No, I most certainly believe you. Its just a pretty crazy occurance. When it first happened, I immediately thought it was the headphone jack coming loose (as the mk1s were known to do). However upon inspection it was fine. The crazy part is that the headphones work fine with every other program, even the startup sound.

I tried changing overclock settings, and running from the default menu instead of gmenu2x. Neither had any effect.

There is a good chance its a bug pertaining to the mk1 first edition units.. Maybe there is someone else out there with a mk1 1stE w/ firmware 2.1.1 that is willing to check this out?
As a last desperate attempt, you could upgrade to Open2x when it's out.
I haven't heard of this problem from anyone else, and there i got no code to fix.
Is the bug 100% repeatable? Does it always happen, or just with some songs?

I do plan on upgrading to Open2x as soon as its released, so hopefully It'll lick the problem. I was planning on throwing the test build on my gp2x, but because of work/school I havn't had the time go through with it yet.

Its 100% repeatable and happens with every file. Well, every mp3 and ogg i've tested. I havnt tested any chiptunes yet. Ive been thinking about it, and it's likely to be a bug that affects the early mk1s. A lot of people are running 2.1.1 firmware, but I think most folks on here either have mk2s and F200s these days. There aren't too many of us left that still have one of the pre-ordered gp2xs :).

If I find the time to get the pre-release Open2x installed, i'll give you my results.

Back