Old Thread About Fake Sd Cards

shiffy

Still Fresh
Hi folks,
I remember a thread on here ages ago that talked about SD cards, fakes & a utility that would test if they are really the size that they claim to be. While I don't want the whole thread, I just can't remember what this utility was. I hoping that someone here can jog my memory!!! I have used the search, but can't seem to find what I'm remembering.

The purpose, I brought a couple of 2gb micro SD cards from Argos a couple of days ago(yes, the UK catalogue store). But I can't seem to fill them up past 1gb. They were on special offer, but I'm starting to wonder if they might be fake. A full format using a Panasonic utilty I found on here indicates they are 2GB but I'm having doubts that they actually are. If anybody could point me to this utility I seem to remember, it would be very much appreciated.

shiffy said:
Hi folks,
I remember a thread on here ages ago that talked about SD cards, fakes & a utility that would test if they are really the size that they claim to be. While I don't want the whole thread, I just can't remember what this utility was. I hoping that someone here can jog my memory!!! I have used the search, but can't seem to find what I'm remembering.

The purpose, I brought a couple of 2gb micro SD cards from Argos a couple of days ago(yes, the UK catalogue store). But I can't seem to fill them up past 1gb. They were on special offer, but I'm starting to wonder if they might be fake. A full format using a Panasonic utilty I found on here indicates they are 2GB but I'm having doubts that they actually are. If anybody could point me to this utility I seem to remember, it would be very much appreciated.
h2testw

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading something like this. I am glad you provided a way to test the cards, ever since I read about the fake SD cards I have been wondering how I would know the difference. Thanks for the link!

Back