Old Joysticks On New Pcs

Mosch

Reeks of fish
Website
Visit site
I got back into Amiga emulation after once again finding out that my beloved first computer does not work at all anymore (still I try again every 6 months, getting disappointed every single time) and I am incredibly pissed off by the lack of nostalgic joysticks. Those newfangled doohickeys are all analog, not digital, and fell bad. The pox upon them! I want to use my Sigma QuickShot QS-111 on my PC!
Alas, I have no idea how. Woe is me.

Does anyone know of an adaptor that would allow me to use my old joysticks on my new computers? Failing that, are there any decent joysticks that recreate the old, nostalgic feeling of times gone by? I know that Speedlink sells a "competition pro" model, but I never really liked that one (I know, blasphemy) and I read some very bad things about it, mainly that it breaks down quickly.

I'm guessing that the controls you are wanting to use have game port connections on them. I've not really had any experience with using these on a new computer, but a few years ago one of my friends got a new computer and wanted to use some old controls with it, but there was no connector coming off of his motherboard. He then actually checked the motherboard and saw on the printed circuit where the connectors for a game port should be located. He the soldered a spare socket he had to these connectors and after setting the connector up in windows it worked perfectly. It could be worth checking your motherboard to see whether you could do this.

Alternatively you could try something like this/

PS: Just reread your post and I guess that adapter is what you are looking for :p

Back