Old DOS/Windows Game

zeldarocks

I have been looking for this old windows/Dos game I remember playing at school as a child, but so far have not come close to finding it.

The game involved solving a variety of math problems on various levels of a pyramid, with a mummy located at the top of the pyramid coming out of its sarcophagus mid-game and trying to catch you; the level ended when you solved all of the math problems...

Anybody have any idea?

Is it a puzzle game or?
It's a mathematics game with platforming-esque elements; the level setup is akin to that of say Hotel Mario, with various math problems across the levels (floors) of the pyramid where the doors in Hotel Mario would be...

I have been looking for this old windows/Dos game I remember playing at school as a child, but so far have not come close to finding it.

The game involved solving a variety of math problems on various levels of a pyramid, with a mummy located at the top of the pyramid coming out of its sarcophagus mid-game and trying to catch you; the level ended when you solved all of the math problems...

Anybody have any idea?

Aaah, the good ol' "Cheops Pyramid". Came for both DOS and Windows 3.11. You might also be thinking about "Chefrens Pyramid", which is a lot like Cheops, but it is a bit easier. It is quite rare and hard to find and I've noticed that the Swedish versions are easier to find. Probably because every school in Sweden used to have them way back.

Edit:

Come to think of it.. there was also an old DOS game in only 16 colours... ... *research*

Edit 2:

Ah, yes, the two games share the same name. There are 2 versions of Cheops Pyramid. One in 256 colours, one in 16 colours. Both are very different. I've managed to verify =)

Last edited by a moderator:
if youre having trouble finding it, let me know, i can send you a digital copy if its considered legal. actually only have the apple II version...

Last edited by a moderator:

Anybody have any idea?

Aaah, the good ol' "Cheops Pyramid". Came for both DOS and Windows 3.11. You might also be thinking about "Chefrens Pyramid", which is a lot like Cheops, but it is a bit easier. It is quite rare and hard to find and I've noticed that the Swedish versions are easier to find. Probably because every school in Sweden used to have them way back.

Edit:

Come to think of it.. there was also an old DOS game in only 16 colours... ... *research*

Edit 2:

Ah, yes, the two games share the same name. There are 2 versions of Cheops Pyramid. One in 256 colours, one in 16 colours. Both are very different. I've managed to verify =)

I need to verify that it's indeed the game in question; I cannot find any pics or downloads online... Any help?

Back