Ogre3D Pyogre Python Ogre

paddy

Website
Visit site
heeeloo !
I have wanted to get a 3d graphics engine set up for some time and have been dreaming of having something like ogre3d setup on my desktop so i can start to develop my project for the pandora.
I have looked into a few different opensource engines and ogre3d looks to be the best for portablility of others and suits the pandora hardware very nicely but i need help and advice on what version i should use and what OS i should build on.

I have a windows xp and ubuntu setup on my desktop ,i have the pandora ready to test stuff on but i read that mabe pyogre would be better to use on my ubuntu install then all i would need to do is wrap and compile dfor pandora (is this right ?) this is what i think should happen but i will be wrong im sure.

What i want is the most simple way for someone like myself with no prior usage in ogre3d to have it installed on my desktop but also with a gui based system as it is what i am used to working with ,i read there are a few gui systems for ogre3d ,then i would want to have the best choice install for use when i want to test my work on the pandora ,would python/linux ogre3d be best for porting over to the pandora to test my work with ? ,i know this isn't exactly simple but i need it to be in simple understandable instructions ,i would like to know what the best choice is for the pandora in mind and also if the possibility is there to even use ogre3d on my pandora to continue my work when i am not at my desktop.

I am asking alot,i have only used gui based graphics engines with a full suite for 3d modeling ,scripting,world editor all in one with powerfull tools and plugins to the ready
and ogre3d doesn't look like this at all ,mostly command line from what i have saw apart from those gui systems writen for ogre ,in any case this is my dream to actuly have a nice suite on my desktop and write my project for the pandora ,i hope you guys can help me as much as possible as i am quite ready to jump in and work.

cheers

Paddy

Back