Official Wii Launch Details

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
If anyones interested on the Euro launch thought it might be a bit cheaper...

Games a re a good price though..

WarioWare: Smooth Moves (just after launch).

Third-party: around 15-20 games from launch. Red Steel. Rayman. Need for Speed Carbon. Tony Hawk. Super Monkey Ball.

Date: 2006.

December 8th 2006.

EUR 249 / GBP 179

Bundles is white console, one Wii remote, one Nunchuck, Wii Sports.

Between 49 and 59 Euros for software. 34 for 39 pounds.

Too expensive for us compared to Japan and America. Britain getting ripped off again.

I'll still bite though, especially considering it at least includes a game.

declaration posted on Sep 15 2006 at 02:42 PM said:
Too expensive for us compared to Japan and America. Britain getting ripped off again.
Remember kids! If the cosnole doesn't cost the exact same as if you converted it from $ IT IS A RIPOFF!

£180 is an extremely reasonable price. Please learn some very basic economic facts before spewing shit all over my screen.

PS: I'm so pre-ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 09:46 AM said:
Remember kids! If the cosnole doesn't cost the exact same as if you converted it from $ IT IS A RIPOFF!

£180 is an extremely reasonable price. Please learn some very basic economic facts before spewing shit all over my screen.

lmao

The N64 and the Gamecube were about £180 when first launched (or was it £240.. :p). Either way, I'm preordering!

When's the Zelda game due out for it?

Zelda's a launch title i think.

The price is a little bit more than what i thought it would be, but i'm still pre-ordering.

dunno if I'm gonna pre-order or not... tempted to try and convince my mum that at 21 I'm still young enough to beg and get a console for christmas lol

£179 is a bit of a rip off compared with the prices everywhere else, even europe is getting it cheaper than us, were really getting screwed over here yet again... wish they'd not rape this country so much with prices

xafier posted on Sep 15 2006 at 04:39 PM said:
dunno if I'm gonna pre-order or not... tempted to try and convince my mum that at 21 I'm still young enough to beg and get a console for christmas lol

£179 is a bit of a rip off compared with the prices everywhere else, even europe is getting it cheaper than us, were really getting screwed over here yet again... wish they'd not rape this country so much with prices
well, you COULD have become proper europeans...

ps: preordered!

Javacat posted on Sep 15 2006 at 03:50 PM said:

Don't bother listening to BBC i preordered mine an hour ago from play :)

Hope i can get one at launch. I don't mind the price cos i was expecting around the £200 mark without any games.
Which games are people looking forward to getting

£34 to £39 for a game? not bad. Wasnt gonna pay much more than £40 for a game. Ill wait to get it on launch. Havent got the money to pre order but i'll be getting my new job soon so the money should be there in enough funds for launch. I want like 7 or 8 games for it anyway so all the extra money i earn will go to games but seeing as Wii Sports is coming with it i at least dont have to shell out for that.

On another note, anyone waiting to get hold of the gamecube version of Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess you'll have to wait till december 11th.

Edit:- Does anybody know whether Metroid Prime 3: Corruption comes out on Launch day in the uk or is it only coming out in US on launch?

No metroid 3 isn't coming out now until 2007. :angry:

Lets hope the Wii doesn't have any region protection

Bad luck then as nintendo UK as just stated that the announcement yesterday about games being region free was a mistake and that all games and online content will be region locked.

Thats just typical of the bastards thats just annoying cos you have the japanese only games that never come out in this country.

Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 01:46 PM said:

Agreed, something about your bastard tax problems!

xafier posted on Sep 15 2006 at 02:39 PM said:

I think 180 is around the same amount of money as 250€

I can't wait. Anyone know of a good German preorder place?

Ganepark32 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 07:25 PM said:
Bad luck then as nintendo UK as just stated that the announcement yesterday about games being region free was a mistake and that all games and online content will be region locked.

DAMMIT!! Have a source for me? Please don't.