October Release Date Of Gpx2 Still Possible?

mr.white

I mean with all that changes (product-name, hardware-upgrade to 64 MB etc.). I believe it will be November/December until we see the first units on the shelf.

Anyway, I hope they still can make it- as allways in the videogames business.

mr.white

mr.white posted on Aug 6 2005 at 08:51 AM said:
I mean with all that changes (product-name, hardware-upgrade to 64 MB etc.). I believe it will be November/December until we see the first units on the shelf.

mr.white
GPH have just confirmed a couple of days ago on their korean site that launch will be late october.

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 posted on Aug 6 2005 at 07:57 AM said:
mr.white posted on Aug 6 2005 at 08:51 AM said:

mr.white
GPH have just confirmed a couple of days ago on their korean site that launch will be late october.

A couple of days ago it was still unclear if they use 32 or 64 MB. Like I said I hope they still can make it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's get a bit delayed.

The units must get into production, extra-ram has been ordered before, new logo&name (when it has been decided) must be on the product.

mr.white

mr.white posted on Aug 6 2005 at 09:12 AM said:
A couple of days ago it was still unclear if they use 32 or 64 MB. Like I said I hope they still can make it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's get a bit delayed.

The units must get into production, extra-ram has been ordered before, new logo&name (when it has been decided) must be on the product.

mr.white

I don't think, that this will be a problem. The just solder a 64MB chip instead of a 32MB (like the GP32 RAM upgrade). Here is image of a chinese factory (they built (not only) my MP3 stick). The can change the product line specifications very easily.

We have too many gpx2 threads.

gametux posted on Aug 6 2005 at 09:34 AM said:
I don't think, that this will be a problem. The just solder a 64MB chip instead of a 32MB

Or even better, just stick 2 * 32mb on the board - then you don't need to throw away the chips you already bought :) (although that does mean of course a redesign of the pcb and changing the firmware, whereas a change to a single 64mb would just mean a firmware change).

Plus think of it this way. a company like Nintendo of Sony couldnt manage a release this quick after a hardware change because they're idea of a rollout is like a half million units. GPH would be lucky to sell that in the life time of the new system so the first batch will be easier to snap together in a small time frame. 5000 units in a month isn't unlikely.

Back