Nubs not working!

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
The title says everything. What happened? I wasn't using my Pandora for five days and when I tried to turn it on, it didn't. After taking off the battery and putting it back on, it did finally powered up. But this time, I had a terminal screen. (User login & password) I tried startx but nothing happened. Restarting did not help. I tried booting it with the older kernel, and the login screen appeared. This somehow fixed the bug and I could use the Pandora regardless of what kernel I use. I powered it on yesterday again and... nubs stopped working. Do not get me wrong, they work correctly, but not as a mouse.

Is it any other ways to make it work again without having a full reflash?

Did the nubs maybe get stuck in joystick mode? Try launching the nub configurator and switching between joystick/mouse/mouse-button modes.

Thank you! Did not switched to it, I wonder what triggered it.

That should get sorted with a reboot though. No idea why you needed to boot with an older kernel to get X working again though - an update that went wrong perhaps?

I'd doubtful when you say it now boots 'regardless of what kernel [you] use'. The Pandora rootfs doesn't ship with a majority of modules available for older kernels, so things like mounting PNDs tends to fail on one or the other.

That should get sorted with a reboot though. No idea why you needed to boot with an older kernel to get X working again though - an update that went wrong perhaps?

Nope. The Pandora saves the nubs settings on shutdown. So if a game changes them to joystick and you restart, it saves the joystick configuration and loads them on startup.

I'd doubtful when you say it now boots 'regardless of what kernel [you] use'. The Pandora rootfs doesn't ship with a majority of modules available for older kernels, so things like mounting PNDs tends to fail on one or the other.
Aren't there two options for the kernel? I was able to boot into X with the older kernel but somehow booting into the older kernel fixed the problem. I often get crashes - that's probably the thing which is messing with my system. I never had any problems during system updates, though.

Oh, you mean the old 2.x option that's in uboot. Sorry, forgot about that - not seen the uboot menu since I broke the LCD connector on my Pandora. Not sure why that's still there to be honest; I've never tried it, so don't know what it does. I assumed you'd modified the kernel parameter on the boot options - but then why would you have two 3.x kernels? Sorry, I hadn't thought that through at all well!

Oh, you mean the old 2.x option that's in uboot. Sorry, forgot about that - not seen the uboot menu since I broke the LCD connector on my Pandora. Not sure why that's still there to be honest; I've never tried it, so don't know what it does. I assumed you'd modified the kernel parameter on the boot options - but then why would you have two 3.x kernels? Sorry, I hadn't thought that through at all well!
Ah, I cannot express myself :p Two options. One for 3.x and another for the old one. :D

Back