Nubs feel weird?

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I think I may be having problems with my nubs.

It seems that if I don't apply significant pressure against the center of the nub before moving in any given direction, then the movement doesn't really register. It almost feels, when pressure is not adequate, that I'm not moving the entire nub's assembly, and I'm only moving some exterior portion.

They often don't appear to center properly. The nubs will reach past the bezel and move over it, making a clicking sound.

Can anyone help? Do I have to send it in?

Last edited by a moderator:
They're the new-type, then. The old-type were last used, if memory serves, late summer of last year or thereabouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just find that the nubs rotating(and that not to be a feature which can be registered) to be annoying :/

It seems that if I don't apply significant pressure against the center of the nub before moving in any given direction, then the movement doesn't really register. It almost feels, when pressure is not adequate, that I'm not moving the entire nub's assembly, and I'm only moving some exterior portion.
The nubs were designed to work when thumb pressure is applied. They will not work right if you try to slide them with your finger tip or finger nail or anything like that. In fact, I have seen the controller get a little confused and lose calibration for a while if you do that. Sometimes it recovers, other times you have to reset them.

They often don't appear to center properly.
That was the manufacturer's decision and I wanted as much tolerance under the disc removed as possible. The space is probably tiny and they didn't want to take that away because everything needs tolerances but it makes the disc look a little crooked some times. It doesn't affect the operation much, especially when your thumb is pressed on top and it wiggles into place right away.

The nubs will reach past the bezel and move over it, making a clicking sound.
The disc is bumping the lip of the plastic case around the nubs. Some of them sit a touch lower than others. You could give the case a tiny squeeze around the nubs and see if it sinks down a bit. Occasionally a bit of plastic burring in the holes keeps the nubs from pushing all the way through and it takes just a tiny bit of plastic left in there.

The nubs were designed to work when thumb pressure is applied. They will not work right if you try to slide them with your finger tip or finger nail or anything like that. In fact, I have seen the controller get a little confused and lose calibration for a while if you do that. Sometimes it recovers, other times you have to reset them.

They often don't appear to center properly.
That was the manufacturer's decision and I wanted as much tolerance under the disc removed as possible. The space is probably tiny and they didn't want to take that away because everything needs tolerances but it makes the disc look a little crooked some times. It doesn't affect the operation much, especially when your thumb is pressed on top and it wiggles into place right away.

The nubs will reach past the bezel and move over it, making a clicking sound.
The disc is bumping the lip of the plastic case around the nubs. Some of them sit a touch lower than others. You could give the case a tiny squeeze around the nubs and see if it sinks down a bit. Occasionally a bit of plastic burring in the holes keeps the nubs from pushing all the way through and it takes just a tiny bit of plastic left in there.

Thanks for the info

I find the nubs really hard to use because they get caught up by the edge of the case.I have to apply preasure to the opposite side I'm moving so it will lift up and over the edge. :(

yeah i totally know what you mean now, its because the "cover" of the nub moves around, any1 know how easy they are to remove? possibly to shave off a bit of the bottom so it doesn't catch?

Ive had similar issues with mine too its funny sometimes one of the nubs totally ceases to work until you reset the pandora another time they feel funny ie cursor moving diaginal even after calibration also there doesnt seam to be any real feal to them ie in super mario 64 mario just runs rather than walk jog run dont know if this is an issue or if its my pandora. :blink: :huh:

I would still like more opinions on how to fix my nub problem, the problem being the "cap" of the nub keeps catching on the case, its the right nub so mouse movements are quite annoying with it. more people with this problem?

I find the nubs really hard to use because they get caught up by the edge of the case.I have to apply preasure to the opposite side I'm moving so it will lift up and over the edge. :(

Have you tried MWeston's suggestion?

Back