Now that more folks have them: What have you done with your Pandora today?

Prometheus

This thread is just as the title says. What have you and your Pandora gotten up to today so far? (Of course, this applies to any given day that you might happen to read this thread.)

As for me and mine, I had to go out for a bit earlier and it involved a bit of waiting around whilst staying out of some unpleasantly cold weather. My trusty Pandora was, of course, with me, so I played a bit of Mega Man X for a while, before putting on some music (specifically the album "Get Equipped", by The Megas), and powering up my "MiFi" 3G modem and dealing with some e-mails and a bit of light web-browsing. I started with 32% on my battery meter, and by the time I was done, it had only gone down to 26%.

Newcomers, long-time owners, team members; Now it's over to you. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is just as the title says. What have you and your Pandora gotten up to today so far? (Of course, this applies to any given day that you might happen to read this thread.)

As for me and mine, I had to go out for a bit earlier and it involved a bit of waiting around whilst staying out of some unpleasantly cold weather. My trusty Pandora was, of course, with me, so I played a bit of Mega Man X for a while, before putting on some music (specifically the album "Get Equipped", by The Megas), and powering up my "MiFi" 3G modem and dealing with some e-mails and a bit of light web-browsing. I started with 32% on my battery meter, and by the time I was done, it had only gone down to 26%.

Newcomers, long-time owners, team members; Now it's over to you. :p
Got mine delivered at work, tested it works,, mmm new nubs installing HF4 and codec pack at the moment but cant do much till home time

Well, my Pandora arrived nice and early around 9am (to think that just 24 hours earlier I hadn't even considered ordering a refurb from ebay :) ) and after sending packaging flying everywhere I finally held a Pandora in my hands - and there it's stayed ever since :lol:

I was pleasantly surprised by its "as new" condition and couldn't believe it was actually here. It was a very strange feeling to use it for the first time after over two years of following the project, lusting after it. Sometimes things can be built up too much and end up being a bit of a let down, but that's definitely not the case with the Pandora; even as you're going through the set-up process you can feel that it really is going to be something special.

Anyway, this is starting to turn in to a review so here's what we've been doing since:

exploring menus and playing around with settings, installing VLC and Chrome, spending FOREVER trying to figure out how to get the screen to move down in Chrome's options so I can change the default download location (I STILL can't do it :angry: ), playing Pandora Panic and KETM for far longer than is healthy, and only now am I getting around to setting up emulators.

Reading this back, I realise that basically we've done naff all today, but its been fun! :D

spending FOREVER trying to figure out how to get the screen to move down in Chrome's options so I can change the default download location (I STILL can't do it :angry: ), playing Pandora Panic and KETM for far longer than is healthy, and only now am I getting around to setting up emulators.

Hold shift and move it with the touch screen

spending FOREVER trying to figure out how to get the screen to move down in Chrome's options so I can change the default download location (I STILL can't do it :angry: )
Hold the L trigger button, and drag the window around with the stylus. This also applies to other windows that are too big.

edit: :ph34r: twice in one day, I must be slipping.

I'm SURE I tried that! Will give it another go when I put the card back, moving some files from my desktop at the moment. Thanks :)

Edit: that worked, so clearly I hadn't tried it :rolleyes:

I checked out Mame4All and it appears to run well. Connected an USB dvd-rw, which failed. Had to reboot the system (bus overload or something?). Stuck in a USB 2.0 hub and connected a keyboard, and noticed some of the characters are mapped differently when using the connected keyboard. ssh to my shell and didn't do much, just for laughs. scp some files over. Tested a USB microsd card reader. Played some more SNES games that I'll probably never attempt to finish. Tested out a USB flash drive, which didn't work until I formatted it. I dropped some files on it and it reads them fine. :)

today:

failed to build crawl stone soup again for debug (non-debug build runs fine, just don't press B, H or K)

got classic_invaders to build and run, resolution problems but otherwise runs better than perfectly (badger me on this one i nothing happens within a week :p )

and last week failed to get p-hex to walk again

Today my Pandora has been my close ally. Due to a blizzard slamming us in the Northeast US this morning it blasted out some Queen on my car stereo via bluetooth while I sat and waited for my car to warm up and melt the ice off the windshield after digging it out, now after my OT shift has ended its currently browsing this very forum and posting this while I sit and wait for 2pm to roll around and I work my regular shift 2-10:30

failed to build crawl stone soup again for debug (non-debug build runs fine, just don't press B, H or K)
I take it you're talking about the tiles version? I would hope non-tiles compiles easily out-of-the-box.

I take it you're talking about the tiles version? I would hope non-tiles compiles easily out-of-the-box.

no, the text version, requires a terminal that's fullscreen with no menus or toolbars at all to run, the makefile is hell, and doesn't work, meaning one small change is a 3 hour recompile. and i can't locate the bug with B/H/K as the debug build just crashes for no reason, you'd think it would be simple, but it's not as it's a pretty big pile of spaghetti code, with a really big and unintelligable makefile

tiles version refuses to build aswell, no reason

no, the text version, requires a terminal that's fullscreen with no menus or toolbars at all to run, the makefile is hell, and doesn't work, meaning one small change is a 3 hour recompile. and i can't locate the bug with B/H/K as the debug build just crashes for no reason, you'd think it would be simple, but it's not as it's a pretty big pile of spaghetti code, with a really big and unintelligable makefile

tiles version refuses to build aswell, no reason
Wow, that... really sucks.

When you do get it working (in whatever form), can you stick it on the archive?

Wow, that... really sucks.

When you do get it working (in whatever form), can you stick it on the archive?

of course i will, it's what it's there for...and once i finally get round to working out the pnd system, it's lovely, just confusing at first

anyway, this threads not the place for this discussion :D

i just want you all to know that i hate each and every one of you very much right now

I've been playing just a bit of final fantasy III/VI, just toying around with the OS, and been trying to figure out how to properly set up a cross compiling environment so that I can do a new mplayer build with probably an smplayer frontend, as the one built into the os seems to be incomplete here and there, and might get faster with using the new codesourcery and being a more recent version. And also to have it set up so that I can teach myself proper c++/sdl/opengl/openal and work on my own game project for the pandora. And maybe porting other applications if I see the need for them in my own use. :D

Today, I fired up the old girl as soon as I got out of bed, and only powered down (well, I put it to "sleep", but it woke up on its own after about half an hour in my bag) when I went to work. During that time I tidied up my NAND, removed timidity and replaced it with the new one by Sebt3. Then I played on eDuke32 for a while until the window border got on my tits (is there any way to run that game fullscreen?), followed by a session in Picodrive with my son on Sonic 2.

Now I'm at work wishing they'd unblock gp32x.de so I can download the Dev extend and have a bash at building Lazarus. In the meantime, it's more picodrive for me :)

D.

I set up a phat 200 MB "partition" and installed MacOS 7.5.3 via Basilisk II. Now fishing around for OS 7.6 :)

I haven't got my pandora yet, but I will take a picture of my friends computers and show the computers evulotion.

Back