Noscripting troubles

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Since yesterday, the site's been giving me minor gripes when viewing it. I block scripts by default, which seems to be related.

Whenever I navigate to a thread by clicking through from the new posts view, it first loads the page with the correct anchor point, but then it loads a cover page and rewrites the url to remove the anchor point and put ?pageSpeed=noscript at the end, which loses the anchor point, so I have to navigate the thread manually and try to remember where the new posts start.

Also it's occasionally a pain the way it seems to load the page correctly before loading that cover page and reloading the page from the top.

Are you blocking the scripting on this site though? Check if your url options end with '?PageSpeed=noscript'. Adding scripting to this site makes this problem go away for me, but introduces another; because I'm not willing to grant scripting available to tapatalk, the post box doesn't appear.

For me the cover page consists of three more than chevrons in the top left separated by a number of spaces like this '> > > >'. Sometimes a message follows saying something like 'if this page doesn't load, click here'.

RIght, so it also drops the #page anchor for you as well. That can be a little frustrating in a fast moving thread.

Edit: Probably the biggest problem is the way it reloads the alerts page twice, and the second time it loads it it things you've read everything, so it defaults to showing you all alerts, not just the ones you've received since you last visit. This might be related to by user agent settings too by the way; I've recently started randomising my user agent to make it harder for advertisers and other ne'er-do-wells from tracking me every ten minutes. I note that when it's claiming I'm curl this doesn't happen to me, neither does it seem to when I'm claiming to be android running firefox, but it does seem to if I claim to be running on an actual computer.

Last edited:
Back