Noob question......

MarkW

I'm a noob to the Pandora, but not to 'linux in you pocket' - having come form the Sharp SL-C1000.

I've compiled osmo, and I would like to add it to the repo once I'm done testing it. I've found a couple of things that don't play well with the Pandora, and I will point these out and their workarounds on distribution (they are only very minor so it remains a useful little pim).

My main question is what do I do about the .osmo directory that gets created in home? I've moved mine and symlinked to the new location - but that is obviously not an option for wider distribution as a pnd. How can I fool osmo into not using the NAND for its data & configuration files? Is there a thread on this. Sorry if this is an obvious question!  :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can just export the HOME variable to /mnt/utmp/where yourpndismounted in your startupscript. Or do a symlink.

There is a good article here that describes this:

http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=700

Code:
export HOME=/mnt/utmp/yourpnd

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually HOME is automatically set to the appdata dir of your PND, so you don't need to do anything anymore to prevent your program from writing to the NAND. If it creates .osmo in what it thinks is your home dir, it will end up in the appdata dir automatically.

Actually HOME is automatically set to the appdata dir of your PND, so you don't need to do anything anymore to prevent your program from writing to the NAND. If it creates .osmo in what it thinks is your home dir, it will end up in the appdata dir automatically.
Are any environment variables set by the pnd voodoo that can be accessed via the startup shell script?

Back