Non Puzzle Homebrew Availability

Lindopski

Still Fresh
Hi folks I would like to try out some home brew but in general I usually do not like puzzle games and get bored very quickly with them.
Is there any good non puzzle homebrew around on the GP2X and if so which games do you recommend I try out.
I have tried out the flashback remake and that is class.

Lindopski posted on Feb 2 2007 at 11:52 AM said:
Hi folks I would like to try out some home brew but in general I usually do not like puzzle games and get bored very quickly with them.
Is there any good non puzzle homebrew around on the GP2X and if so which games do you recommend I try out.
I have tried out the flashback remake and that is class.

On the flipside of the coin, I demand more puzzle homebrew :S

A homebrew kirby star stacker :drool: That would be the shit....

Puzzle games and shooters go great on a handheld....not too time consuming, very pick up and play. And yet, if you need to wait in a line for an hour, they suit you there as well.

Anyway, as far as non puzzle homebrew is concerned..

Super Tux, Vektar, Noiz2SA come to mind, all three of these come with the value pack. Beats of Rage is pretty nice if you get the right mods for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a combination of puzzle and action. The game Boulderdash is such type. None exists at the moment but a GP2X specific re-make would be cool. I remember I offered to do all graphics for any that would come up.

Search around the archive adn your bound to find some fun games (both puzzle and non puzzle alike) my faves now are Powermanga, supertux, Noiz2sa, Drill2x, Liquidwar, BOR, and Powerslide, oh and BLingo (but thats a puzzleish game) but like i said, search around the archive, theres tons of fun stuff there

thanks for the reply folks , one Uni assign down so I may have five mins to have a look now cheers.
My fave type of games are RPG and strategy which i guess is limited on the 2x but my ipac can run that stratagus/wargus thing (warcraft 2 on a handheld) so im catered for there a bit anyway as its ace.

I love Vektar also. :)

Back