Noiz2sa

Ringo

Website
Visit site
Well... what do you think of it?

I really hope more of Kento Cho's work gets portet- it's all great.

I do however find the controls in this port rather rough. 1 "click" on the pad moves you something like 1/5 of the screens, and that seems a bit much.

However I am happy to finally see one of his games for GP32, since I've just recently been playing them a lot on PC

ABA Games

Gruntfuggly posted on Sep 3 2004 at 10:09 AM said:
How does it compare to the other versions? Sound? Smooth? Same amount of stuff going on?

I hope rRootage gets ported too...

Pretty smooth... Apart for the controls. The music is all there, and it doesn't seem to studder.

EDIT: never mind my control comment... You can use "b" as a slow-down key. The game is ALL GOOD :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Little choppy at parts, but this ROCKS.
GP32 needs more shooters :)

Screenshot I took :
gp32_noiz2sa.jpg

looks great just about to trie it :)
EDIT: MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. sweet game, thanx ringo for findin it. :lol:
Now back to game :ph34r:

xboxit posted on Sep 3 2004 at 12:21 PM said:

Thanks to Chui (right?) for porting it.

manu_pkp posted on Sep 3 2004 at 01:37 PM said:

Thanks to Chui (right?) for porting it.
yeah *smart arse* <_<
I love this game, already its one of my fav games on gp32 and I do love the music. The game reminds me of Rez for Dreamcast.

would it be possible to port the other games from that author too? Like...how were they called...warning forever, rrootage, etc...

oh my word...I cannot believe it, it actually really works on a small screen too! this is definitely joining Doom on the "what I show GBA owners" list hahaha

this is awesome, the music and everything. Pure style, the kind of game that calls to mind Sega when they actually were getting all arty (Rez anyone?)

I wonder what clockspeed we're running at though, an overclocking option would top this off fantastically!

edit: haha just read your post xboxit, didnt realise you also called to mind Rez, with just cause though I think!

edit2 : while Im thinking about it, is anyone good at icon making, a good icon for windups of this would be awesome!

El_Diablo posted on Sep 3 2004 at 02:53 PM said:
oh my word...I cannot believe it, it actually really works on a small screen too! this is definitely joining Doom on the "what I show GBA owners" list hahaha

this is awesome, the music and everything. Pure style, the kind of game that calls to mind Sega when they actually were getting all arty (Rez anyone?)

I wonder what clockspeed we're running at though, an overclocking option would top this off fantastically!

edit: haha just read your post xboxit, didnt realise you also called to mind Rez, with just cause though I think!

edit2 : while Im thinking about it, is anyone good at icon making, a good icon for windups of this would be awesome!
Yeah you better correct your post :angry: ..........I'm joking :lol:
I don't use wind-ups anymore from today. I prefer YAFL

ok, after some pretty serious gaming, I only have one suggestion...the slow button works great. The problem is on the GP I find myself wanting to go slow maybe 90% of the time. Its the only way I can last through the later bullet onslaughts.

it would be good if the slow button switched "slow mode on and off" as opposed to only lasting for the duration the button is pressed...

what do other people think?

El_Diablo posted on Sep 3 2004 at 03:53 PM said:
this is definitely joining Doom on the "what I show GBA owners" list hahaha
gimme that list

eh... I didn't find anything. Just noticed the post on the frontpage, and was rather excited, since I was playing this game alot the other day on the PC :D

El_Diablo posted on Sep 3 2004 at 03:22 PM said:
ok, after some pretty serious gaming, I only have one suggestion...the slow button works great. The problem is on the GP I find myself wanting to go slow maybe 90% of the time. Its the only way I can last through the later bullet onslaughts.

it would be good if the slow button switched "slow mode on and off" as opposed to only lasting for the duration the button is pressed...

what do other people think?
yeah good idea. :huh: :D Oh, what if someone made a 2d Rez. Brilliant, brilliant idea. Just one prob, what, who will do it, ahhhhhhhhhh shit.

Curious as to what lib Chui is using for the music. I've already noticed it's supporting XM module files (rather than OGGs as in the original NOIZ2SA). So, what is this lib? Could help a lot of developers on both GP32 and DC (if it's the same :)).

Oh, and everybody who digs the music in this version, just open up the XM files (.mod) in your favorite module player. :D

Back