No (real) Complaints!

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Hmmm. I've just had mine (yesterday!) and it came with v1.0.1 firmware already installed, and also I have no complaints with either the controls or the brightness of the LCD - all seem great (apart from the micro piece of dust that crept in under my screen protector when I put it on, and when I notice it, looks like a boulder).

Wonder if this is part of a new batch?

The only problem I've ad is with battery life. My fully charged (but fairly old) 2200Mah NiMH AAs only lasted about an hour :(

Must be my old batteries just not cutting the mustard any more.

All well... incentive to invest in some new ones :)

I've had very good battery life with Energizer 2500mahs. I would estimate at around 4-5 hours of useage. Since I bought 10 batteries for $50 (AUD) on ebay, I've always got several pairs charged so I can play for as long as I want. The only problems I've had so far are with the joystick, but hopefully these will be fixed in a future firmware.

Thanks GPH, GP32x and all you wonderful devs!

Yeah your batteries are old :p

I have a few 2200 and 2100 mAh ones here, they are arround 2 years old and they die in about the same time as yours. NimH batteries get worse every day that passes since the first charge. Of course you can try to discharge and recharge them with a good charger. That helps sometimes...

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 17 2005 at 01:38 PM said:
Yeah your batteries are old :p

I have a few 2200 and 2100 mAh ones here, they are arround 2 years old and they die in about the same time as yours. NimH batteries get worse every day that passes since the first charge. Of course you can try to discharge and recharge them with a good charger. That helps sometimes...

yeah, I'm only using some fairly old Uniross 1300mAh that i originally got for my old gp32 and even they last a good couple of hours in the gp2x

what I do is make sure they are fully discharged (put 'em in a torch for an hour or so) before recharging. that seems to help them maintain their full charging capacity.

also, with new revisions of firmware, battery life should improve anyway. there are quite a few ways that the gp2x is currently wasting energy, various circuits left on when not in use such as the tv-out signal (apparently), and also the frontend menu running at the full 200mhz which is hardly necessary, and the 2nd processor also running flat out even when its not in use (i think).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back