No New Emulators Yet!!!

retrocraig

Website
www.glitterkitten.net
GP32 Spain Translation
"Here they are the results of the aid of emulators of GP32Spain.
it has been disqualified to give the emulator outside time. Votacoines has been made by a jury coput by 6 people who have scored of 6 (better) 1 (worse) each emulator. The winning emulator is the one that accumulates greater number of points.

Hando
6. Castaway
5. fGB32
4. fNes32
3. Snes9xGP
2. vba32
1. fGen32

Pékélé
6. Castaway
5. fNes32
4. Snes9xGP
3. fGB32
2. vba32
1. fGen32

Guyfawkes
6. Castaway
5. fGB32
4. fNes32
3. Snes9xGP
2. vba32
1. fGen32

A600
6. Castaway
5. fGB32
4. fNes32
3. fGen32
2. Snes9xGP
1. vba32

TDP
6. castaway
5. fGB32
4. fNes32
3. fGen32
2. vba32
1. snes9x

Anarchy
6. Castaway
5. fNes32
4. fGB32
3. fGen32
2. Snes9xGP
1. vba32

Result:

1. - Castaway (36 Points)
2. - fGB32 (27 Points)
3. - fNES32 (26 Points)
4. - Snes9x (15 Points)
5. - fGen32 (12 Points)
6. - VBA32 (10 Points)

Shortly I will put myself in contact with the winner to do delivery to him of the prize.
The emulators will become public in the Meeting of GP32 users that will be celebrated in Barcelona days 31 of October, 1 and 2 of November.
The source code of the VBA32 also will be made public at the request of its author."

Man..... another week of waiting :(

congrats on castaway, it is an excellent emulator... and for emulating a computer, it's very easy to use (probably helps with the Atari ST - like the Amiga- hardly ever required keyboard input!! ;-) )

I'll keep this post positive..

now onto the negative post...

W.T.F. is the story with the actual release of the emulators?!?!?!

Now we're being told that they're being released A MONTH AFTER THE COMPETITION HAS FINISHED!!!!

I can understand if the authors are wanting to keep them private betas while doing some testing... but seriously.. we're waiting for some effin' spanish meetup?!?!?!?

Man, this is what really annoys me about the gp32 scene.... it's like friggin' carrots and donkeys!!! "look what we've got.. and you're not getting it".

This makes me so angry, I could seriously swear.....

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guess why the "great challenge" is going to fail??? Yip.. because of $hite like this...

Man.. I am fuming... :angry: (again)

Hey thanks everyone :)

*blush* *w00t* *kickass!*

Of course, Castaway/GP was entered as publicly released; I still don't understand private releases.

I wonder what the prize(s) are? I remember looking months and months ago, but dont' recall now :)) *greed*

jeff

generalmmx- the thing I fear about private WIPs is when they get canned/lost/destroyed privately even thought they've been publicly announced...

I would rather not know about a WIP, than be told what is being worked on.. waiting for months... and then nothing happens. This happened so many times with DC emulation releases, and it's happening with gp32 releases. It gets to the point where you don't believe any news about possible new emulators.

And I think that can only be bad for such a small scene like the gp32 one. How many people hold off from getting a gp32 because "emulator x" will be released in 2 months time, only for it to never be released? How many people get disillusioned with the scene with so many broken promises and then end up selling their

I honestly love my gp32, but I'm getting more tempted to sell it... and these are the reasons why I'm tempted to sell it (and put the money towards building a MAME cabinet... )

Why didn't anybody voted my XBox fullspeed emu? Ops, I forgot to send it... what a shame. Well, I'll go to the bathroom to kill some Covenant.

Congratulations Skeezix. :lol:

GiG posted on Oct 20 2003 at 09:14 PM said:
Why didn't anybody voted my XBox fullspeed emu? Ops, I forgot to send it... what a shame. Well, I'll go to the bathroom to kill some Covenant.

Congratulations Skeezix. :lol:
Yeah, my gamecube emu was sent in just after the deadline. I hav to hack a few polyons but at least f-zero ran full speed. with a few sound channels cut out of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damm i sent my full speed with sound XBOX Next emulator to the wrong e-mail adress :( Well next time more luck for me :(

*Dolfhin is off to play Halo 3 on the GP128*

skeezix - Congrats, you deserve it :D

Skeezix created Castaway!? I didn't know that. Anyways, I was surprised that fGEN didn't do too well. Everybody seems to like Castaway a lot but for some reason I don't. I think it might be because I always have a lot of problems with it.

Back