no music

Lao Rebel

i am having problems w/some games. xcom, quake2, and doom have no music. i installed timidity on one of my SD Cards. a folder called "midi" was installed. i installed the largest set. but i still get no music in doom, quake2 and xcom1. i get sounds but no music. what am i doing wrong here? should i uninstall timidity and re-install? i really dont want to install timidity on NAND.

i been told that if i install timidity i should automatically get music, but still i get no music

Did you install from the timidity pnd which has a bunch of different instrument sets to choose from?

I would expect it creates a timidity.cfg in /etc

Then everything should just work.

You got the installer from repo.openpandora.org?

The one on apps.o.o doesn't work anymore afaik.

You got the installer from repo.openpandora.org?

The one on apps.o.o doesn't work anymore afaik.

yes i got it from repo.openpandora.org

if that doesn't work then where can i download timidity that does work?

Did you install from the timidity pnd which has a bunch of different instrument sets to choose from?

I would expect it creates a timidity.cfg in /etc

Then everything should just work.

i have nothing but a "midi" folder. no timidity.cfg no nothing. i don't see anything to chose from like instrument sets. like i said, all i got was a "midi" folder. mcobit told me that the timidity from repo won't work. where can i download timidity that does work?

have community codec pack installed?

yes, but i reflashed my NAND a few times. do i have to reinstall community codec pack when i do that?

Back