No "boot From Sd1" Option...

Endurion

Website
Visit site
Hello again.

I decided that it was about time to do my second flash of my pandora since it seams it still have some strange bugs. But this time I can´t find the "boot from SD1" option.
I only have Default boot, power off, USB serial prompt and serial prompt to choose from in Boot menu. :(

Do anybody know how to fix this?

Sounds like the card isn't set up properly. The new firmware including all hotfixes can be found here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54991-ready-to-flash-firmware-image/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if "boot from SD1" doesn't appear, it hasn't recognized anything it can boot from the SD Card.
Are you sure those weird bugs don't have anything to do with a flakey SD Card?

Yes i only got this option of default boot too when I tried reflashing.didnt need to reflash anyhow.had a different problem.
I did reflash once before from the same sdhc card and it worked fine.

I had the same problem. Reformatted the SD card with the official SD formatter and it worked fine. Surprised Mali didn't suggest that already, thought he must have had a macro set up for that sentence by now :p

^ :lol:
Yeah indeed, I thought about mentioning it ...again :D
I don't like to sound like a broken record ;)

Btw, OPT, how's gparted for Pandora going :p

EvilDragon said:
Yes, if "boot from SD1" doesn't appear, it hasn't recognized anything it can boot from the SD Card.
Are you sure those weird bugs don't have anything to do with a flakey SD Card?

well, The pandora logo in Xfce is gone and I don´t know how to get it back to the bar.
Thats the main reason that I want to reflash and I thought I could fix the "mounted SD" problem at the same time.
It may still be that I have flakey SD cards (have one 32GB, one 16GB and one 1GB).
But I will try to reformat the 1GB again and see if it gets better.

Thanx anyway all for the response!

I´ll tell if/when i get it to work.

*Update: I got it working. The Panasonic SD Formatter fixed it.

A Big THANK YOU to all that helped me.

Endurion said:
well, The pandora logo in Xfce is gone and I don´t know how to get it back to the bar.
For future reference, the way to get the menu button back is much simpler than a reflash: You need to right-click on the panel, click on "Add New Items", and then choose "Xfce Menu" from the window that appears, before clicking the "Add" button in the lower-right corner.

After this, you can right-click on the newly-added item and click on "Properties" in order to tweak it to your liking - you will want to uncheck the box labelled "Show title in button", because that prevents you from using an image for the menu button. You can assign an image to it by using the "Button icon:" option - the standard built-in icon for the menu is "op-start.png", which is easily found once you've clicked the "Button icon:" button.

I hope this is useful in the future!

Prometheus said:
For future reference, the way to get the menu button back is much simpler than a reflash: You need to right-click on the panel, click on "Add New Items", and then choose "Xfce Menu" from the window that appears, before clicking the "Add" button in the lower-right corner.

After this, you can right-click on the newly-added item and click on "Properties" in order to tweak it to your liking - you will want to uncheck the box labelled "Show title in button", because that prevents you from using an image for the menu button. You can assign an image to it by using the "Button icon:" option - the standard built-in icon for the menu is "op-start.png", which is easily found once you've clicked the "Button icon:" button.

I hope this is useful in the future!

Thanx Prometheus!
Thats good to know. :)

Back