Certified Guru
Website
mirkoroller.de
37995_1b.jpg

37995_2b.jpg

37995_3b.jpg

Hardware specs = ?

But we know, its all Nintendo Machines Compatible, that means, you can run all
SNES,NES, N64, Gamecube Games on this thing. You can Download them trough w-lan on an 512MB internal flash ram.
The Power is 2-3x the speed of the gamecube. So its compared to the PS3, or Xbox 360, a REALLY slow machine. But the best, Street price will be under 100$(usa).

My opinion, this machine is nice and small, but who really wants sutch a powerless machine ?

Attachments

• 37995_1b.jpg
    37995_1b.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 151
  • 37995_2b.jpg
    37995_2b.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 37995_3b.jpg
    37995_3b.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 137
The design is the one really nice thing about it.

If it does ends up costing only $100, that wouldn't be an unreasonable price... I might even think about getting one, but I never expect this thing to be a serious competitor against PS3 or X360.

you can run all
SNES,NES, N64, Gamecube Games on this thing. You can Download them trough w-lan on an 512MB internal flash ram.
100$
Yeah, that REALLY sounds like Nintendo.

Download them...from where? Roms? Hahaha, right.

Blah posted on May 19 2005 at 03:20 AM said:
you can run all
100$
Yeah, that REALLY sounds like Nintendo.

Download them...from where? Roms? Hahaha, right.

Actually this is true. You'll be able to download them from a Nintendo online service... this is the real deal, supposedly almost every game every created for NES, SNES, and N64 will be available. Gamecube games you'll play off of GC discs, obviously.

If it really does come out for $100 then I'll buy one right off the bat, especially if it launches with a Mario game... none of that Luigi's Mansion crap!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm...so you'd rather steal them? Well, I for one welcome the chance to play roms LEGALLY, but I agree, Blah, it does depend on the pricing. Although saying that with no overheads to speak of, I can't see the price being huge (the 512 meg internal memory is annoying, it would be nice to store them on memory cards or something)

c0ncept posted on May 19 2005 at 12:51 PM said:
hmmm...so you'd rather steal them? Well, I for one welcome the chance to play roms LEGALLY, but I agree, Blah, it does depend on the pricing. Although saying that with no overheads to speak of, I can't see the price being huge (the 512 meg internal memory is annoying, it would be nice to store them on memory cards or something)

Good point, better to pay for them. It's like itunes verses Kazaa.

At a sensible price point, the chance to play the back catalogue of Ninty games would be fantastic!!!

For less than 100, I am already convinced. If that is true, I will definitely get one asap - even if there will be no good game on it (which I doubt), I still collect Nintendo consoles ;)

...(the 512 meg internal memory is annoying, it would be nice to store them on memory cards or something)

That is to keep us from spreading the ROMZ to our friends and such. They are probably DRMed to you specific unit too. More "big brother" crap, Bah!

DaveC posted on May 19 2005 at 01:59 PM said:
...(the 512 meg internal memory is annoying, it would be nice to store them on memory cards or something)

That is to keep us from spreading the ROMZ to our friends and such. They are probably DRMed to you specific unit too. More "big brother" crap, Bah!

You can't be angry with them for trying to stop this?

They aren't a charity...

yeah I seem to remember reading it had two SD slots as well?

I agree that paying for playing the older games is alright as long as they keep the price reasonable. $30 a pop is WAY rediculous. $5-10 would be the max I'd consider. That internal memory is too limited though unless you're only planning on downloading NES... SNES and 64 would fill it pretty quick and then what you have to delete one to make room for the next all the time? That sux... they better keep an account on you so that they know which games you already 'bought' and can download those games for free again any time.

Not like it matters because I know I won't be buying one of these anyway, but if they're gonna charge you money for the games, they better start translating some of the older games that never made it to the US. Seiken Densetsu 3 is a great game that I'd gladly pay for... unfortunately, I have a US SNES, and even if I had a Japanese one, I wouldn't be able to understand what's going on. So they need to start translating older games... which brings me to something else... I don't remember them mentioning specifically or not if they're letting you play ALL games on their systems or just the ones that are made by Nintendo... The latter would be really stupid.

I dont think I would bother paying for older games seeing as though I can play them all on my xbox now, but it is a nice feature.

If the games were updated or enhanced in some way, it would be even better.

for $100, i would definetly be buying one. I don't have an xbox and to play those older games on my big tv without having to hook up all my old systems would be great.

ARRRRRRRRRRG...

I still have most of my original stuff, and what I don't have can be played on my computer or GP32... I'm not buying that thing. I've been waiting like 15 years to play these games portably, why would I want to be tethered to the TV again(and yes, you still are, despite what they say about the wireless controllers... you still can't play it without being near the system or the TV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back