Nintendo Ds Price

Apeiron

I went shopping today and I saw NDS Preorder for a total of £99.99. I'm completed shocked by this and slap a fiver down striaght away.
Now thats one way to beat the PSP.
Sorry jus thought I'll share

We all knew it would come out at this price, I sold one today for £115 with a game.

And it won't beat the PSP, IMO.

im jumping on the psp bandwagon i think, the system just looks far better. I dont think i would mind paying an extra 30-40£ more for it,

now whens that twisted metal game out.

I highely doubt it, I would say about £150 for the value pack.

If they did launch at £95 Nintendo would need to rethink their pricing. Alot.

All game stores I asked have an expected price of £200-250 for the psp. Even though the price in japan was £117.
As for £100 price on a brand new console being to much. Things are looking up on the media side of it. The ability to buy blank cards officailly and a mp3 player looking very likely, Movies not too sure about because of size of screen and files but the gp32 can do.
Not to be a fanboy or anything but I'll be buying this brand new maybe with 1 or 2 games (Mario/Wario and Something). Mostly for the backward compatibility. I'll probally trade in 2/3 games and only end up paying a 10 or something. Whereas I won't be able to afford the psp at lauch price, it'll probally be sold out plus first production line hardware from sony has a history of problems (not just in games but tvs dvd players etc.) At least the DS can hold of my Urge to buy the psp of awhile.

finty101 posted on Feb 16 2005 at 11:03 PM said:
I highely doubt it, I would say about £150 for the value pack.

If they did launch at £95 Nintendo would need to rethink their pricing. Alot.

Exactly. Maybe not £94.99, but over £150 is suicide.

I mean, who is going to want to have that much's worth of equipment on show?

Last edited by a moderator:
PSP All the way :)... Nothing will beat GTA handheld on the PSP :D

I wont pay £150.. Ill wait a year or 2 If I have to.... £150 Is too expensive to put in your pocket and risk scratching the screen ;)

DS is coming out on the 24th here. $194AU same price as the GBA when it launched. Its an ok price for kids and their parents I guess. At least the games aren't $90Au like they were on the GBA. FUckin nintendo Ripjob. The games are $60 which is also ok. I guess I can sum up the whole launch as OK

I think that £99.99 is a fair price for the DS...........kind of fair anyway
but the Sony PSP is definitely going to beat it overall in sales in my opinion.
I agree with Steve-o, GTA on a hand held is going to be AMAZING!!! :rolleyes:

Ur all forgetting its already on a handheld, namely the GBC and the GBA. Ok yeah they're shit but they're on a handheld so its nothing new when GTA PSP will be released except for the graphics. I guess it will turn out to be like Dynasty Warriors PSP. The graphics wont be up to the standard of the machine but atleast it will give Rockstar some foundation to build on.

Ganepark32 posted on Feb 19 2005 at 09:59 AM said:
its already on a handheld, namely the GBC and the GBA.

its nothing new when GTA PSP will be released except for the graphics

please tell me how gta on GBC\GBA compares to 3d gta ps2 like on psp?stop being such an obvious ninty fanboy and pretending really hard to be the only person on the planet not excited at playing gta on psp

Last edited by a moderator:
Im honestly not excited about portable GTA. Really and truly. Infact, im not that bothered about any of them. GTA 3 was okay, and I liked the original, but thats it.

I was chacking prices here in USA and the PSP is going for over $350, and the DS is only $149. Hopefully once the PSP comes out the price will drop. It is not worth $350.

Don't know where your looking. I see PSP standard packs go for around $240. The RRP is $250 for a value pack when it comes in the US. Much more worth it than the DS

No im not interested bout gta psp a bit. Obviously Watoto ur one of the peeps that needs violence and crime to live. ur one of Sony's suckers. The GTA series isnt all that good and well its only a matter of time till something comes out to beat GTA (like Colors on the Gizmondo and that new game Without Fear or watever that was announced not long ago)

Back